• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
06_s55_blue_125.med.jpg
Tim Hamilton chambray

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
I was there last week and didn't see any of it. That store, fyi, sucks. It's LA and NYC but three years ago.

I find the attitude of the owners frustrating as well. The store is not all that and a bag of chips. And even if it were, there are plenty of stores where the SAs are friendly and helpful and don't look at you and think "Not wearing all black. Strike one. Not made of money. Strike two. I'm sure he's just about to strike out. Oh, look. Boots are not CDiem. There we go. If you like things like Number (N)ine, Kiminori Morishita, and a MA+, Alan Bilzerian in Boston has a much more interesting buy, and the guys there (ask for Matthew in particular, are much friendlier. And they will have real opinions about things. They do not think that all the **** carried smells like roses.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
What was the "attitude" you encountered Fok? I was only in there for about 10 min and it was some Asian guy that seemed ownery and then some more FOB type guy who was wearing a pink RL sweater... When I told my mom it was like the Atelier store in NYC she said as we left that she likes At better than Arch
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i didn't like archive either last time i was there. i don't like atelier either. would take seven anytime over them.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Aside from Raf everything else at Seven is a bit to Harajuku for me.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like me some vibskov too, but they are really sweet and helpful in general.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Only the Japanese dude. The girls in there are huge c you next tuesdays

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dunno, i've had them exhaustively search for **** for me. and joseph q is a nice guy. maybe they're just afraid of me.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the owners, Arthur, at The Archive, has always provided great help to me over the phone. No attitude whatsoever.

I do not like their buy "in general" however I have picked up a couple pair of Kohzo jeans from them in the past.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
What was the "attitude" you encountered Fok? I was only in there for about 10 min and it was some Asian guy that seemed ownery and then some more FOB type guy who was wearing a pink RL sweater...

When I told my mom it was like the Atelier store in NYC she said as we left that she likes At better than Arch
smile.gif

I just got a vibe of generally hostility. It was as though they were barely tolerating my presence in the store. I've been in a few times, and while there have been a few pieces I liked, their attitude dissuaded me from parting with my money. I got the most perfunctory and most brusque of answers when I asked about pieces, though it was obvious that I was interested in them. It makes very little sense to me for someone at a place like the Archive to treat any customer poorly, since it is really a destination store, and the storefront is designed to be daunting to the casual window shopper.

Anyway, the economy is bad, and there are other places that I'd rather patronize.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Not a purchase but an aquisition today. My deceased grandmother's Cartier watch (wearing as a bracelet with my Philip Crangi bracelets) and her class ring from 1951. Only have my Blackberry so I need to take new pics when I get home for the watch pron thread
IMG00234.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That Asian fellow from The Archive used to work at Saks Fifth Ave.'s Fifth Floor.

The FOBy one? I also went to the Saks and it just really reminded me of how much I dislike Rice-a-Roniville

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Alden plain toe blucher's in whiskey shell cordovan and cigar shell cordovan.

Went in to pick up Alden long wing bluchers in #8 shell cordovan but those cigar blucher's look so sweet. I guess I will have to keep the cigar shell's until I can figure out what to do with them.
laugh.gif

bsyde82

Reaction score
01_s851_greystripe_017.med.jpg

finally decided to pull the trigger after much uncertainty over sizing. hope this fits. $90 after credits and shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads