• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of the new Z4?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
What is wrong with a range rover? As far as physical appearance it's the best looking SUV out there.

They are pieces of **** worth half their value driven off the lot. They are also driven 99% of the time by women wearing velor tracksuits and are seen as empowerment devices for the fairer sex. Pot calling the kettle black here, maybe?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Range Rovers are beautiful, but I hear they are terrible money pits maintenance-wise.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
I say stupid to differentiate some from those that aren't. I'm not one of those SUV haters that drives a SMART car. LOL.

HAHA you don't want to be a ECO weenie.

I personally don't see cars as transportation. To me they are big toys for getting into trouble. That's why every car I have owned except one was a 2 seater roadster.

I don't worry to much about wether people think I am an ass for the cars I drive or wether they are girl or man cars. To me some of my favorite cars have very feminie lines. The lotus and the 550a are both very femine cars to me and we all know that the 550a will forever be remembered for being owned by one of the most masculine icons ever.

550jamesdean130.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
They are pieces of **** worth half their value driven off the lot. They are also driven 99% of the time by women wearing velor tracksuits and are seen as empowerment devices for the fairer sex. Pot calling the kettle black here, maybe?

Look at the used models on ebay, their resale value is similar to other luxury brands. You're talking out of your ass. They aren't very reliable, but that's about the only thing you've said that is remotely truthful.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has said anything about the exterior designer in the video.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
Ummm, nimbleness has nothing to do with horsepower. The only z4 weighed in at about 3k lbs, the new Z4 will weigh over 3500.

An M3 and a 135i are close to that weight and they are plenty nimble as well.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks classy now. Kinda has a baby AM feel to it too.

epb

Reaction score
I dont care if they put a quad turbo 16 banger in a z4, it is a girly looking car. I am not saying the driving experience will be poor, but it is not a masculine care in the least...

Hmm - girly-looking?
widesig.jpg

Now my Smart - that's girly-looking, which is okay, I knew that going in...
smartmini.jpg

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well first of all, thats with the hardtop on, and I believe thats the z4m isnt it? Still so many better options out there. Better preforming, better looking, better value... plus everybody on top gear will think your a cock.

epb

Reaction score
well first of all, thats with the hardtop on, and I believe thats the z4m isnt it? Still so many better options out there. Better preforming, better looking, better value... plus everybody on top gear will think your a cock.

Richard Hammond used to own a Z4, as did Jason Plato on 5th Gear. It's why they both did the first reviews of the Z4 M Roadster when it was released. They mostly pick on BMWs because Jeremy pretends to hate anything German-made, and BMWs are common over there so they make a nice broad target.

But yeah, mine's a Z4 M Coupe, slightly modified.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you ever get to visit the Nurburgring, you would not believe how many Z4s are there. It looked like one of the most popular track cars there, which shouldn't be too surprising since it's the best handling car BMW makes.

--Andre

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
I'd only take the TC Kline Carbon Coupe.

I remember getting a ride in that thing at a GGC BMWCCA track event around Sears Pt...
drool.gif

That's a sweet car. It's a small world --- we were probably both at the same event. Are you going to Laguna Seca next week?

--Andre

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
That's a sweet car. It's a small world --- we were probably both at the same event. Are you going to Laguna Seca next week?

--Andre

Was it the same one where hardly anyone could get rides in the 335 because it would overheat and go into limp mode after 2 laps?

Nope, I'm in DC right now, so no tracking for a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads