• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The feeling you get after starving

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't literally mean starving. You know after you start to get hunger pains, even the really bad ones? You aren't hungry anymore and you feel a bit like puking.

I never want to eat for hours after this.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What happened brah!?!?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I know how this feels. (yeah i know hahahaha ***** knows what it's like to starve? ya right doucheface fatass!) When you go for a while without eating, then your stomach starts hurting and you dn't feel like eating, and it just gets worse.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, usually when I get busy on the job. The fleeting opportunity slips by to quickly cram something in my piehole, and then the hunger goes away, replaced by a queasiness.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
worm_.jpg

Nah, just kidding.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where does it say that we have to eat every 4 hours or go hungry? Conditioning is kind of funny like that.

Tardek

Reaction score
I have three meals and three snacks per day.

I don't go hungry.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it, really.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's weird but I've found that by simply swallowing some saliva I can stop the pain for about 30 seconds until I can get something really small. The weird thing is that when the pain is really really bad, I can't eat, but I can drink something. Sometimes I get woken up early in the morning but really bad hunger pains, and I'm too tired and I just want to keep sleeping. I drink a big glass of milk and that will hold me for a few hours.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah all the time.

Originally Posted by SField
I don't literally mean starving. You know after you start to get hunger pains, even the really bad ones? You aren't hungry anymore and you feel a bit like puking.

I never want to eat for hours after this.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you mean "pain" as in really hurting? If that's the case you might want to have that checked out.

I try to eat breakfast every day, and always dinner, but I seldom eat lunch. There are days (usually weekends) when I'll simply forget to eat. I get busy doing something and all of a sudden realize it is 8 p.m. and I've not injested anything beyond a few cups of coffee.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
So SField is anorexic? Cool.

Please.

Some of us, who work, are at times unable to get at any food. If you travel a lot and don't like eating total garbage, then this is common. It usually happens when I get up for an early flight, don't have time to eat, then spend a lot of time in cabs. Airport food gives me diarrhea. Luckily in O'Hare there's that chain whose name I don't remember, but it has healthy stuff. A lot of the other time you'd have to put total trash in your mouth just to get rid of the pain.

Rube, it's hunger pain. Most of the time it's just normal, but if I haven't eaten in quite a while, it becames pretty accute which I think is quite normal.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Please. Some of us, who work, are at times unable to get at any food. If you travel a lot and don't like eating total garbage, then this is common. It usually happens when I get up for an early flight, don't have time to eat, then spend a lot of time in cabs.
Protein Bars, Brah! When I'm campaigning, traveling and working I practically live on them. If it's going to be a hot/harsh environment then Snickers Marathon Protein and Met-Rex bars are what you should look into (almost indestructible "food" products). Otherwise, ThinkThin, Cliff and Detour are good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads