• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^maybe 6 weeks though.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if Istithmar has any buyers remorse now, seeing that they payed a premium for Barney's just a little over a year ago.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
S/S 09 won't get marked down until like EOM April or BOM May.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Most of the Jil stuff in the department stores is pretty "cruisey".

This is L.A. for ***** sake, why is there no Jil store here?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Because SoCal doesn't live there anymore.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965

jet is actually helping them scout a location for la

jskidder

Reaction score
my guess would be the 1-day 40% sale will be the 1st monday of may and permanent markdown 2 weeks later. at least if they stay true to the recent schedules. i guess anything could happen in this economy though. but almost no way anything gets reduced before april.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhhhh...no?

That's what dude said, I don't think he would lie to me. Me!

It follows what the media is saying. I am predicting bargain shopping at 'nice' stores until next year.

FYI: MAC in Hayes Valley - which is the South Willard of SF and my new fave shop - was at 60% off most everything last weekend. I bought all the Jil they had.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The markdown cadence this year was really offset by Saks and jumping the gun on their Christmas sale. Everything else more or less was fairly in line with what they traditionally do. Spring will follow the typical model...store associates are often those most in the dark about corporate doings.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
That's what dude said, I don't think he would lie to me. Me!

It follows what the media is saying. I am predicting bargain shopping at 'nice' stores until next year.

FYI: MAC in Hayes Valley - which is the South Willard of SF and my new fave shop - was at 60% off most everything last weekend. I bought all the Jil they had.

MAC is the best store in SF. Period. If you go in, tell the owner that Fok says hi.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA -
Stopped by South Willard 2 days ago...awesome sale going on (70% off), but VERY slim pickings. Dries Van Noten suit for $360...size 54 I recall. RAF jeans for around $80...

Does Douglas Fir go on sale? Really great stock.

And of course, Secret Service has like 60% off and $50 Crate chinos. Best price ever.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The markdown cadence this year was really offset by Saks and jumping the gun on their Christmas sale.
Its funny, I swear I never saw a single piece of Jil on sale here at Saks. It was always on a separate rack. Not to mention, the store itself is terrible. It feels like shopping at Macy's, but they got a rack of McQueen and a rack of Jil. Are they all that bad?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
SFA buys Jil Sander as they buy Theory.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
LA -
Stopped by South Willard 2 days ago...awesome sale going on (70% off), but VERY slim pickings. Dries Van Noten suit for $360...size 54 I recall. RAF jeans for around $80...

Does Douglas Fir go on sale? Really great stock.

And of course, Secret Service has like 60% off and $50 Crate chinos. Best price ever.

What $50 crate chinos??? why didnt they post that on their SF thread with the sale stuff, all they had were jackets and shirts....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads