• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWN - The best of

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
There are a lot of "big" guys that dress well. AHarris, yatchie aren't exactly 32 inch waisters
smile.gif
There are also a lot of guys (large and small) that don't post pics that I know dress well.

Well, I didn't say it was impossible.
smile.gif
I am a big guy and I think I dress well... Ha. I recognize the challenges of fit inherent in my size, though, and I think it's harder for a guy who's, say, 20 lbs. overweight to dress to the ideal than for a guy who's 20 lbs. underweight. I'm talking things like shirt collar fit and how a big neck or larger chin affects tie space or the ability to wear a spread collar... the way trousers sit on the hips instead of the waist if you have a belly... waist suppression... issues of proportion in tie and lapel width (the skinny ties in vogue right now look ridiculous on bigger guys), etc.

Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread. Aharris I'm not sure of cuz I'm not sure what he looks like
smile.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread. Aharris I'm not sure of cuz I'm not sure what he looks like
smile.gif

Yachtie

A Harris x 2

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Yachtie

Touche.

Originally Posted by whacked
A Harris x 2

Thanks, but this guy is clearly not even close to overweight. Muscular, yes. But not even, say, husky. I'm husky. I'd post a pic, but none of mine are worthy of this thread
smile.gif

Not trying to threadjack, though. Great looks and folks should keep em coming. I'll try to post a comprehensive "fat guys dressing challenges" thread tonight if I have time.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Matt should only wear that jacket with white or black, possibly grey. Yuck! (just sayin).

I'm surprised to see that fit show up. I still can't figure out how to wear that jacket well. Do you think white jeans would be good?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I like it, just wish the shoulders were softer, like his DB for example.

That was my first suit from him. It took a few orders to get him to come my way on certain things.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Do you guys regularly save WAYW pics to your HDDs?
uhoh.gif

And people wonder why I block out my face?
smile.gif

I don't save pics, but I found a quick way to find pics I liked. It should work for most regular posters in there. If you search within the WAYWT for posts, by your own username, with a time limit of one year, you'll pull up about 20 pages of results. It's really easy to skim them for posts where you complimented someone's look, and then open those posts in a new tab in your browser and then copy/paste the image URL into this thread. Takes about 10-15 minutes to review the entire year, tops.

However, some stylish posters delete their old photos from the web after a while (PG, I'm looking at you!), which is why I wasn't able to include them in my selection earlier in this thread.

Finally, to Matt - GREAT idea for a thread. Thank you. Loving browsing through everyone's choices; very inspiring.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are a lot of "big" guys that dress well. AHarris, yatchie aren't exactly 32 inch waisters
smile.gif
There are also a lot of guys (large and small) that don't post pics that I know dress well.

3 things: swelled chest + pinched waist +flared skirt= 20 lbs thinner
smile.gif

Tailoring magic.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread.

I did!

Originally Posted by mafoofan

Yachtie:
IMG_1490a.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'm surprised to see that fit show up. I still can't figure out how to wear that jacket well. Do you think white jeans would be good?

Yeah, unless the whites clash in some way. I always wondered though, is it a slightly extended shoulder and how heavy is the (100% wool?) fabric?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Yeah, unless the whites clash in some way. I always wondered though, is it a slightly extended shoulder and how heavy is the (100% wool?) fabric?

If that seersucker jacket is wool, it should be burned.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
That was my first suit from him. It took a few orders to get him to come my way on certain things.

That's you!!!? Great suit, I like the cotton fabric. Shouldn't this be your spezzatura special where you indulge in all the little quirks you're currently suppressing, say by no wearing a tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads