• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes under $200

herzzreh

Reaction score
Need shoe suggestions.

Requirements:

dressy enough to wear with a suit (blue, not navy blue, just dark blue suit), semi-formal occasion (or business casual in my book), a plus would be to be wearable with jeans, price should be under $200. Oh, and has to be available in NYC - need 'em by Friday. I'd prefer wingtips but anything will do.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Chelsea boots IMO fit the bill...although they are not dressy enough for formal occasions, they certainly dressy enough to wear with a suit to work or out around town. And yet they work will with business casual and even just casual with jeans.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
Need shoe suggestions. Requirements: dressy enough to wear with a suit (blue, not navy blue, just dark blue suit), semi-formal occasion (or business casual in my book), a plus would be to be wearable with jeans, price should be under $200. Oh, and has to be available in NYC - need 'em by Friday. I'd prefer wingtips but anything will do.
Banana Republic has a chelsea like boot called the Salerno. I have the brown, looks great when suited and also with a slim, dark pair of jeans. They're currently $160 and offer black as well. J Crew has black wingtips, for $170, looks very cool with once again, dark washed slim jeans (especially with the pants leg slightly rolled up if you saw the mannequins at Club Monaco)

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Could always wait for something to pop up in the B&S forums, can get shoes in usually great condition for way less than their retails

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Smith Nash

Good sales right now.

Don't get chelseas if you're on a budget.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like them. Have you seen them anywhere besides Barney's and Tobi? For under 2, that is.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Yeah I like them. Have you seen them anywhere besides Barney's and Tobi? For under 2, that is.
I got mine at NM in Charlotte for $202.50 or something. I think I saw an 11UK/12US there last time I was there.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a 12 UK. I'll call NM tomorrow. I wonder if they're still on sale.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
I need a 12 UK. I'll call NM tomorrow. I wonder if they're still on sale.
You wear 13US? Damn.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Could always wait for something to pop up in the B&S forums, can get shoes in usually great condition for way less than their retails

Originally Posted by why
Paul Smith Nash

Good sales right now.

Don't get chelseas if you're on a budget.

Won't work as I need them by tomorrow.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
Won't work as I need them by tomorrow.

Then go to a store and buy them today.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JFKJean
Banana Republic has a chelsea like boot called the Salerno. I have the brown, looks great when suited and also with a slim, dark pair of jeans. They're currently $160 and offer black as well.

J Crew has black wingtips, for $170, looks very cool with once again, dark washed slim jeans (especially with the pants leg slightly rolled up if you saw the mannequins at Club Monaco)

Paying retails for BR and JCrew footwear (with the exception of collabs) is not a smart idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads