• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2009 non-clothing plans & purchases

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to finish getting crap for my kitchen
Eames Chair (probably just a DSR, no room for the lounger)
More little pieces for the living room/bedroom

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ps3 and wii are apples and oranges. if you're a gamer, get the ps3. the kids have the wii, but we're converting from xbox360 to ps3.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I was going to buy a Blu Ray shortly, but what I've read has convinced me to wait. Thought about a PS3, but am pretty happy with my Wii.

Am browsing about for a new desk chair, but no firm ideas.

May visit London while the pound is weak. Some other travel in the works too.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
details/pictures?
The builder sent me some pictures last night. Few more months from being finished.

71 914
911rs motor built by Chris Mustane with haltek ecu running TWM ITBs-about 240 whp at 9000 rpm
factory 916 gearbox out of 917
930 turbo suspension and brakes.

everything is custom made so kinda hard to know where to start and end.

still tyring to get the rear wing to look right. Tried 4 sets of end plates. The wing is very contriversial but I need down force!!! There is also a front air dam and splitter not on the car in the picture.
post-209-1231337026.jpg

Haven't got wheels for it yet. Didn't know the exact demesions the car would be in the end so I had to wait. Probably get some classic CCWs to go with it.
CCW-ClassicTrack.jpg

My 2 toys together.
DSC00511.jpg

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
ps3 and wii are apples and oranges. if you're a gamer, get the ps3. the kids have the wii, but we're converting from xbox360 to ps3.

I'm far from a hardcore gamer. I mostly play with my girlfriend, and she goes for the Wii stuff. I'd like a PS3, but it's really a question of how much I'd use it. Don't need more electronics just sitting around.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Actually trying to pare down on stuff that I own this year.

Moving to Sacramento for a new job starting June 1, so between now and then will be having several yard sales and trying to sell our house.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want to get some more middle eastern carpets this year. possibly a marble topped coffee table, too.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God, is the Eames lounge the new stainless steel appliance?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
I am really looking forward to spending a bit of money this year. It is my first year out of college and I got a pretty decent paying job. I grew up with tight-wad parents in a tight-wad environment...

Macbook (for mom)
Frog Terrarium (estimating the build to be around $400)
Desk+Chair (sister is interior designer and gets 90% off Herman Miller)
2 season tickets for Predators Hockey (usually get 1)
and I would like to try and knock out a large percentage of my school loans

Enjoy, this is a fun time.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i find it funny that in so many commercials, the joe average family has an eames lounger and a saarinen table w/tulip chairs.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i find it funny that in so many commercials, the joe average family has an eames lounger and a saarinen table w/tulip chairs.

Because that is precisely the reality. Throw in a pair of Barcelona Chairs and that stupid little side table that everyone has and you've got the white people stereotype down pat.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spending as much time during the summer as possible in Hyannis. Getting my son ready for his big move from 5th grade to middle school (girls, bullies, homework on weekends, etc etc). Having my team win our Little League AA division. Getting in shape for the upcoming softball season.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Spending as much time during the summer as possible in Hyannis. Getting my son ready for his big move from 5th grade to middle school (girls, bullies, homework on weekends, etc etc). Having my team win our Little League AA division. Getting in shape for the upcoming softball season.
You must be mistaken, they don't let the colored folks vacation there.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
I am really looking forward to spending a bit of money this year. It is my first year out of college and I got a pretty decent paying job. I grew up with tight-wad parents in a tight-wad environment... Macbook (for mom) Frog Terrarium (estimating the build to be around $400) Desk+Chair (sister is interior designer and gets 90% off Herman Miller) 2 season tickets for Predators Hockey (usually get 1) . . . and I would like to try and knock out a large percentage of my school loans
Nice. What sort of field are you in? I will be making about $1 a week out of college.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads