• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Peal shoes - are they in UK sizes?

Median

Reaction score
I tried a couple sizes of a Peal suede shoe at BB the other day but they only had 10.5 and 11.5.
The 10.5 was too tight, but the 11.5 felt a bit too long, like over a centimetre.

So does anyone know if the Peal shoes are actually sized in UK sizes; cause I'm natively a UK 11 - I'm thinking 11 might actually do the trick.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're US sizes, but I've been wondering how they do their conversion - does anyone know if it's +1 or +.5? (Thinking of C&J models, but any info would be great).

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems like they are sometimes. I am a 9.5 in most US shoes but with Peals I am usually a 9 and once even bought 8.5s.

Median

Reaction score
Thanks, MetroStyles - good to know, but annoying for ordering online if there's variance from shoe to shoe

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Median
Thanks, MetroStyles - good to know, but annoying for ordering online if there's variance from shoe to shoe

FYI I am not an expert on Peal shoes and you should get other opinions as well, since I haven't bought any for a while.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Median

The impression I get is that the Peales made by C&J run a bit large and the AS ones are true to size, in US sizes. Doubtless those with more experience will clarify the point further.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
The impression I get is that the Peales made by C&J run a bit large and the AS ones are true to size, in US sizes. Doubtless those with more experience will clarify the point further.

+1,that is my experience as well. Although, I do have a few pairs of CJ made Peals where I had to get my true US size so with Peals it is hit or miss. Luckily, BB has a good return policy, downside is that your size might be sold out. It is good to order two pairs and return one of them, unless you go to the store and try them on.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My normal size is a 10.5, and I've ordered 2 pairs from BB in size 10 - one a C&J, and one that I believe was a Sargent. Both were definitely small for me. Then again, I have a tough time finding shoes that fit well.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently just purchased my first pair of Peals. They were suede captoes made by C&J in size 12. They are a touch big and would have preferred to get and 11.5.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the Chukka Pebble Grain Peals by AS in a 9.5 and they were too big, for reference i am a 9.5 D in AE Park Aves..
A 9 would have fit great.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A BB Peal made by C&J is marked as a US size that is a half size above its UK size. (9.5 E becomes 10 D) However, in actuality, most C&J shoes actually run a full size larger than US size. I am almost always a US 10.5 D but my weymouths are a UK 9.5 E; if they were made for BB they would be marked 10 D.

I own C&J Peal shoes on the 240 and 318 lasts They are both marked size 10 D and both fit like a dream.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads