• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the best brands of jeans? Not raw

Alek

Reaction score
What brands of jeans are the nicest? Not raw denim. Im trying to buy a few pairs of jeans, but want to know what kind of brands to look for.

Thanks

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alek
What brands of jeans are the nicest? Not raw denim. Im trying to buy a few pairs of jeans, but want to know what kind of brands to look for.

Thanks

What are you looking for? Jean Shop, Wings+Horns, Kicking Mule all do jeans in decent washes, have good hardware and use decent to excellent denim. I like the fit of some models from each brand.

Crooow

Reaction score
Look for the Prestige Model at Sears. They are in a special section, not with the normal men's clothes (often they are over by the Craftsmen sets; if you don't see them, just ask for the store manager).

They come in several different washes (including a delightful peach melba color), and have extremely shiny rivets. They also have frequent sales on them, letting you pick up 4 or 5 pairs for under $30.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Word up.

Anyway, Earnest Sewn also gets some love around here. I think they're a bit cheaper than the brands mentioned by fok.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL for 65 bux can't be beat

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Earnest Sewn Fulton.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yardsale
I really like those NDG grey denims everyone seems to have. Where can I get them on sale?

Erhm, you can get a 25%-off first-time discount at Context. Don't buy the last 30, please!

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll throw in a good word for RRLs. I want to pick up some Earnest Sewn for myself sometime... Good to hear lots of people saying they've got quality. Seen em around, just never copped.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Erhm, you can get a 25%-off first-time discount at Context. Don't buy the last 30, please!
no worry, yardsale and a 30 waist =
lol8[1].gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
washes are are in the eye of the beholder.

for good techincal washes I would recommend

KMW

Sugarcane

Earnest sewn

LVC

5EP

PRPS

CRATE

AG'ed

Diesel

Levis premium

RRL

Chip and pepper japan

These jeans are in no particular order and offer and wide variety of price points.

Best,
Mauro

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads