• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB 346 blazer

BruceWayne

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a 346 Brooks Brothers 100% wool 2 button navy blazer for $150 on sale at the Brooks Bros. Factory Story at Prime Outlets Jeffersonville in Ohio. It fits me quite well. Did I get a good deal? I'm assuming this blazer is better than the Legacy Blazer at J.Crew, as it looks to me to be better quality. Is this assumption correct?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BruceWayne
Yesterday I bought a 346 Brooks Brothers 100% wool 2 button navy blazer for $150 on sale at the Brooks Bros. Factory Story at Prime Outlets Jeffersonville in Ohio. It fits me quite well. Did I get a good deal? I'm assuming this blazer is better than the Legacy Blazer at J.Crew, as it looks to me to be better quality. Is this assumption correct?

It maybe better than J.Crew,I can't comment on that but 346 line is the lowest quality of all BB lines.Even for $150 it is very expensive,I would return it and maybe look at their website,they have better jackets at clearance section.

BruceWayne

Reaction score
I'm a 20 year old college student who is rarely required to wear a jacket and tie. This was, I think, the best option for my price point. I wouldn't buy a jacket online, because I could not try it on before buying. How does the quality of 346 blazers compare to Jos. A. Bank (not an option for me since their jackets don't fit me well at all) and Men's Wearhouse?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 20 year old college student who is rarely required to wear a jacket and tie. This was, I think, the best option for my price point. I wouldn't buy a jacket online, because I could not try it on. How does the quality of 346 to compare to Jos. A. Bank (not an option for me since their jackets dont' fit me well at all) and Men's Wearhouse?

I can't comment on any of those since I don't own them,if it fits you well and you like it,keep it.In the future,try to avoid 346 line as it is not best of BB's lines.

phillyesq

Reaction score
I picked up one of these when I was in a similar position. It has been fine. Now, it is more of an emergency blazer than a go to, but especially for somebody in your position, this is a solid purchase.

I avoid the 346 line now, but the blazer should suit your purposes just fine.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a burgundy cord blazer from this line for $90. It fit ok, but the armholes are waaaay too low. I think for under $100, the 346 line is pretty good.

Anyone interested?

BruceWayne

Reaction score
Are the J. Crew Legacy navy blazers better than the Brooks Brothers 346 line navy blazers?

phillyesq

Reaction score
Are the J. Crew Legacy navy blazers better than the Brooks Brothers 346 line navy blazers?

I have no idea about the quality of the J. Crew Legacy blazers, but I can tell you that the 346 blazer will have much more classic lines, and will provide more value for you professionally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads