• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2008/09 NFL Playoffs

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two mild surprises today. Thoughts?

Somewhat unrelated thought: I hope LT returns to form next season, probably in another jersey.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
It would've been an absolute disgrace if the Colts won tonight, since they were clearly outplayed, but I keep thinking back to that 3rd-and-2 they had with about 2:30 left in the game, up 17-14. All they needed was 2 freakin yards, and the game would've been over. Whoever it was that sacked Peyton on that play ran through, totally unaccounted for.

I'm never betting on football again, by the way. Late New Year's resolution.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
CARDINALS!!!!

I have almost no voice anymore, but what a great game!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There were some pretty questionable calls against the Colts in the 4th quarter and OT. This is coming from a Giants fan who doesn't give a **** about either the Colts or the Chargers.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
There were some pretty questionable calls against the Colts in the 4th quarter and OT. This is coming from a Giants fan who knows nothing about football.

FTFY.

The best part of the game is that it turned on strict enforcement of the five yard chuck rule. This is exactly the rule that Colts GM Bill Polian successfully lobbied for after Ty Law and the Pats waxed the Colts in 2003.

Justice is served, baby.

The other brilliant thing aout this game is that both Merriman and Tomlinson had nothing to do with the Chargers victory. The Chargers are almost tolerable without those asswipes.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a huge Skins fan, but Warner and Fitzgerald are among two of my favorite players ever. What a great win. I'm also really happy for the Falcons, since I was born in Atlanta, but they were way too smug going into this game. Seems like they got their comeuppance. BTW, Roddy White is becoming SUCH a beast. He and Ryan are going to have a bright future together.

SystemShock

Reaction score
I'm a little sad the Colts lost, but really, if they can't beat the Bolts sans Tomlinson then they weren't going to go far anyway.

Could the Chargers become the first 8-8 team to go to the SuperBowl? That would be interesting.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i really hate phillip rivers and i think LT is a soft ***** so i was not happy the chargers won. kind of happy for kurt warner.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i really hate phillip rivers and i think LT is a soft ***** so i was not happy the chargers won. kind of happy for kurt warner.

I completely agree with both comments. Also think, as a fan, that the Colts did not deserve to advance.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) It's not that the Colts didn't "deserve to win" because they couldn't "even beat the lowly 8-8 Chargers". San Diego is one of the top teams in football. Look at their schedule and results, not their record. They could have easily (EASILY) been 11-5 or 12-4, and then they would be considered one of the best. They had several last-second or bad-call losses. They are not your typical 8-8 team.

2) I'm happy to see Arizona get a playoff win at home. Hopefully the Cinderella story can go further. If nothing else, they are fun to watch in that Culpepper-Moss way that the Vikings were several years ago.

3) San Diego deserved to win any way you cut it. They outplayed Indy. Sproles is a beast and only team politics kept him out of the starting line all season. He is San Diego's back of the future.

4) Today I'm rooting for Miami (feel-good story) and Minnesota, as I can't stand the Eagles. Although in the Miami-Baltimore game, I wouldn't be totally averse to seeing Flacco orchestrate a winning 2-minute TD drive, since seeing a young QB perform well and grow up in the playoffs is always fun.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score

Phillip Rivers has the exact personality of Ryan Leaf it seems. I wonder what would've happened if he got thrown into the fire right away and had typical rookie qb struggles.

I'm stoked for kurt warner. I'm rooting for kurt and the cards, and kerry and the titans the rest of the way. Love my veteran qbs. I also want frerrote to turn back the clock.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have a terrible feeling the giants will be one and out.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have an optimistic feeling the giants will be one and out.

Fixed.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
frerrote isn't playing.

also, i was hoping cutler kicked rivers' ass.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Phillip Rivers has the exact personality of Ryan Leaf it seems. I wonder what would've happened if he got thrown into the fire right away and had typical rookie qb struggles.

I'm stoked for kurt warner. I'm rooting for kurt and the cards, and kerry and the titans the rest of the way. Love my veteran qbs. I also want frerrote to turn back the clock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads