• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

billionaireboy

Reaction score
quick question (sorry for x post)

putting my jeans in the dryer will not affect the indigo/ future fading properties correct? I was planning to do a hot soak and throwing them in the dryer on high since I would like to get the max shrinkage out.

thanks

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends how long you dry them, and how hot, it can destroy the fibers to a certain degree...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real Japan Blues Jeans - The 106BSP & 105BSP

Hailing from Nagano, Japan.. Real Japan Blues is known for their psychotic ways of producing even the simplest of garments. They take everything from western shirts to five pocket jeans and create them in an entirely new way using fabrics that impress even the most seasoned garment junkie.

Two new models from RJB are being released this weekend in limited numbers, at this point RJB is not sure as to whether or not these will be reproduced once this run is gone.

The 106BSP is a slim fit jean with a straight leg and the 105BSP has a mid-rise and a straight leg. We're quite into the cuts because we feel there is a gap in the Japanese denim market for jeans that aren't exactly reproductions but have a heavy nod to the Rockabilly days of the late 1950's, jeans that make you look like you're Marlon Brando or James Dean but aren't really the cuts they were wearing fifty years ago. A combination of the denim, leg silhouettes, tags, and knife pocket.. We see a badass from the 50's that wreaks havoc on civilians with his motorcycle gang, and we love it.

The denim on these is a new denim which has impressed us here to say the least. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomes after the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intense before on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe.

Spec list for both the 106BSP and 105BSP:
13.75oz Rope Dyed Japanese Selvedge Unsanforized Denim
Zimbabwe Cotton Fiber Denim
Double Length Knife Pocket (Coin Pocket)
Hidden Rivets
Black Dyed Cowhide Leather Tag
Red RJB Embroidered Logo
Copper RJB Rivets

Modeled by Cesar Ramos of Mission Hill Saloon and shot by Sidney Lo.

Both the 105BSP & the 106BSP will be released at Self Edge on December 20th at Noon and at the same time via our online store. 100 pairs of each model were produced by RJB. Check the online store for more hi-res photos, specs, and pricing:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...a03daa13cf90de

Real Japan Blues 106BSP
rjb_106_01_web-707545.jpg

rjb_106_02_web-783562.jpg

Real Japan Blues 105BSP
rjb_105_01_web-783488.jpg

rjb_105_02_web-761083.jpg

rjb_105_03_web-761014.jpg

rjb_105_04_web-705002.jpg

rjb_105_05_web-704928.jpg

rjb_105_06_web-706057.jpg

rjb_105_07_web-705972.jpg

Photos of RJB's Denim from a forthcoming Lightning Magazine Issue (worn for 10 months, washed twice):
IMG_0494-719755.jpg

IMG_0498-720463.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Double Boomtime Winter Flannels from Flat Head

Over two years ago when we met Mr. Kobayashi, the founder and president of Flat Head, for the first time he was wearing a shirt which we fell in love with instantly. We couldn't believe the quality of the fabric and how much character there was within the pattern of the flannel, it was this shirt he was wearing...

From Flat Head's new Winter line, made of a heavy flannel comes these new super comfortable flannel shirts made of 100% Zimbabwe cotton where the interior of the shirt has been combed to a super soft feel.

The fabric is woven on a vintage loom and therefore has a very three dimensional pattern due to the shuttle loom and also the heavy gauge of thread used to weave the flannel.

The shirt is available in three colors, and are available only as one run with no restocks. All come with selvedge side seam accents and mother of pearl inlay snap buttons including the self edging fabric running up the inner seam of the front of the shirt.

The Winter Flannel is modeled by Mission Badass Josh Harris and shot by Sidney Lo. Check the online store for hi-res photos, specs, and more information:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=68

fh_winter_flannel_red_01_web-710436.jpg

fh_winter_flannel_orange_01_web-710332.jpg

fh_winter_flannel_blue_01_web-737405.jpg

fh_winter_flannel_red_03_web-737325.jpg

fh_winter_flannel_orange_03_web-729935.jpg

fh_winter_flannel_blue_03_web-729818.jpg

fh_winter_flannel_orange_05_web-767172.jpg

fh_winter_flannel_blue_06_web-767045.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

themidship22

Reaction score
Hey Kiya what is the slimmest fitting jean that y'all carry?

Thanks.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just wondering, what time of the year do you guys normally do your "big" sales?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
just wondering, what time of the year do you guys normally do your "big" sales?

We don't have big sales... We rarely ever even have small sales.
We have no problem going through our stock as it is, which is why we never really have the need to have a sale.

cfedun

Reaction score
So, I'm soaking my FHs inside out, just got them. When I hang dry them[or just set them on the ground to dry] do I keep them inside out or put them back to normal?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya, is Patina up and running yet? I've been debating a pair of White's LTTs, but I'm going to be in SF in February and going bespoke (which is kind of what you're doing, right?) would be awfully tempting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads