• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i don't see what the big deal about what he said was. of course i don't.

Originally Posted by Spatlese
^ I'm conflicted. One hand, he's an ass. On the other hand, he's a little entertaining. On the third hand, he's really an ass.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i don't see what the big deal about what he said was. of course i don't.

It wasn't so much what he said that one time, but his reputation and what he has said, or was rumoured to have said, in the past. This was the straw that broke the camel's back, and was one that was public, intentional and obvious enough for the league and the team to punish him for whereas incidents in the past were based merely on hearsay.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
We got Sundin, I didn't think it was happening.

Lucky bastards. The Flyers were also in contention of getting him but opted not to due to the recent hot streak and scoring from the young players.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
i only read the first post of this thread so sorry about going off on a tangent.

i love ice hockey, its the best game on earth (just below cricket)
sadily there are no ice rinks where i'm from
frown.gif
, so i play floor ball, a pittiful excuse for ice hocky which consists of no ice, no saftey gear, indoor shoes, and a ball. + last time there was a fight, the entire team got a life ban from the facility. sad.

for now i'm content watching ice hockey on tv and waiting for my canadian friend to bring me back a canadian jersey.

teacha.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Winter Classic Game?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched most of the 2nd period. Pretty intense game for a Winter Classic compared to the past few.

The weather gods have been lucky to the NHL the past 3 years.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I would watch more hockey if more games weren't on cable.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the few Sf'ers who care, the Canucks vs. Predators game starting shortly should have some fireworks based on their last meeting. Jordan Tootoo is in the Predators' lineup this time which should make it worse (or better, depending on your perspective).

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the few Sf'ers who care, the Canucks vs. Predators game starting shortly should have some fireworks based on their last meeting. Jordan Tootoo is in the Predators' lineup this time which should make it worse (or better, depending on your perspective).

Thanks I'll keep an eye on it.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Ahem, Pelle Lindbergh?
Harsh.
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Lucky bastards. The Flyers were also in contention of getting him but opted not to due to the recent hot streak and scoring from the young players.

Over the hill and overhyped. He's no longer worth dismantling a team to fit in the cap. Sundin didn't even bother to go along on Vancouver's current road trip.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

God what a boring game. At least the Canucks won with their recently acquired goalie Jason Labarbera; though it looks like he may have also tweaked something towards the end of the third. That would be ridiculous.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
God what a boring game. At least the Canucks won with their recently acquired goalie Jason Labarbera; though it looks like he may have also tweaked something towards the end of the third. That would be ridiculous.

It was, wasn't it. I admit I turned to the news shortly after the opening fight (a bad scrap to boot)

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was, wasn't it. I admit I turned to the news shortly after the opening fight (a bad scrap to boot)

I fell asleep towards the end of the second right through intermission about 3 minutes into the third period
tounge.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddam the Flames are killing it right now!

james_gsx

Reaction score

I can't stand Tootoo. I was happy to see him miss Mcleod the other night and land face first in the Avs bench.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads