• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blade Runner appreciation thread

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just want a thread to discuss how ******* awesome a movie it is. cast, check. fashion, check. story, check. dystopian tokyo-like city, check. i ******* love this movie. discuss.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
27 years later and the efx and production design still hold up.

Great movie.

lefty

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
five-disc special edition on blu ray ladies

SystemShock

Reaction score
It's one of those rare movies that gets better pretty much every time you see it.

Winner. Way ahead of its time.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its influence has been significant across a range of media. IMO, Ridley Scott's finest hour.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
this movie is amazing (pretty much everything ridley scott does is) and is the standard for grim, futuristic atmosphere in any film

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
funny, two of my favorite songs are revco's attack ships on fire and covenant's like tears in rain.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Its influence has been significant across a range of media. IMO, Ridley Scott's finest hour.

In the 80s it was the goto reference for commercial directors. I think I even used it for a Tide commercial.

lefty

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Final cut appreciation right here. Usually not a fan with people messing with movies (lucas....) but this was all about correcting a wrong done by the studio...

of course my roommates had no appreciation upon first viewing...twas too "boring"

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the final cut certainly seems to imply that deck is a replicant. the novel does not.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It was pretty much the very last large scale SFX movie made without the aid of computers, and STILL looks better than anything being pushed out of a computer today. George Lucas should be ashamed of himself for thinking that **** like THIS looks "Good". (notice all the BladeRunner shots!)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was watching the making of documentary that comes with the 5 disc blue ray release. I love this movie. I think it's tied for my all time favorite with Lawrence of Arabia

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is the extra stuff?

I only managed to watch the new cut and havn't been able to bother with any of the other cuts again or the bonus material (DVD set here).

Star

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

One of my all time favourite movie scenes and dialog. Awesome film.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads