• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Come check out my Juicy Couture Jacket!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this jacket was only $60, I would not even think about going to the tailors, the work will definitely cost you a minimum of $30 and won't help your shoulders and probably look weird.

The problem with what you have going is that everything else looks so bland and normal, where-as the jacket is trying to be a bit more interesting. Get some tighter jeans or funky t-shirts if you want to rock the look the model has.

It's up to you how you want to look though, and we can't decide that for you, we can only tell you if it looks good or not and suggest pieces that may relate to a style if you give us something to work with.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure to shorten the length in the back so that the Juicy written on the butt of your pink sweatpants is also visible.

All jokes aside, the jacket looks a-okay. I wouldn't advertise that it is juicy to anyone, and that means ANYONE.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
Make sure to shorten the length in the back so that the Juicy written on the butt of your pink sweatpants is also visible.

All jokes aside, the jacket looks a-okay. I wouldn't advertise that it is juicy to anyone, and that means ANYONE.

Lol, no plans to!

Originally Posted by XenoX101
The problem with what you have going is that everything else looks so bland and normal, where-as the jacket is trying to be a bit more interesting. Get some tighter jeans or funky t-shirts if you want to rock the look the model has.

I was just throwing on clothes for fit (hanes v-neck t and apc rescues), this isnt what I would normally wear with it. I only bought the jacket for $60, but its msrp is $250, for whatever thats worth.

Originally Posted by Arethusa
What the **** are you people talking about? The jacket fits him fine, and it looks a lot like a less subtle, Juicy-fied version of the black Rag and Bone waxed work coat. It's not amazing, but it's not bad.
You could get a tailor to suppress the waist. Because of the weight and stiffness of the fabric, it's not necessary, and it might not be desirable.

The weight of the fabric is VERY light and there is almost no stiffness to it. Does this affect wether it should be "fixed"?

I just dont know whether I should sell this or take it in for major surgery. Everyone has an opinion (they hate it), but thats not what Im asking. Is it salvageable or not?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
It's not worth its msrp, obviously, so whatever discount you got is immaterial... I don't really mind the fit so much, I just don't like the jacket. I don't think it'd look any better if you sized down and I don't think it's worth the effort to have a tailor go at it.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well your choice on whether to sell it or not shouldn't have anything to do with our opinions as they are based off a photo of you showing the jacket off, not showing how it compliments your wardrobe.

Juicy isn't particularly reputable, so the MSRP of $250 means nothing, it's worth around half that in my and probably a large amount of people's eyes.

Oh and as for sleeves being too short if you had an M or L, it's not something to be too worried about, as long as its at least at the ball of your ankle or only slightly before it, it can simply promote the idea that your clothing is tightly fitted.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
The weight of the fabric is VERY light and there is almost no stiffness to it. Does this affect wether it should be "fixed"? I just dont know whether I should sell this or take it in for major surgery. Everyone has an opinion (they hate it), but thats not what Im asking. Is it salvageable or not?
People hate it because it's Juicy. No one has an actual opinion on this jacket. If you posted this as "Come check out my new W+H Jacket!" you'd probably be showered in a circle jerk. The jacket is ok. If it's actually very lightweight, tailoring is probably not a bad idea. The fit in the shoulders is fine. The retail price of the jacket is completely irrelevant; I don't know why you keep talking about it. The price you paid doesn't even matter. If you like it, keep it and tailor it. If you don't like it, sell it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket makes him look cylindrical.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People hate it because it's Juicy.
Some people, maybe. I think it looks like **** because it does look like ****. Well, not like ****. Not even unremarkable: if I saw it on the street I'd probably remark the guy wearing it was trying too hard to get use out of a useless purchase. Buying stuff on deep discount will grant some nice finds from time to time, but for the most part I'd rather just get what I want instead of getting crap on sale that I hardly ever wear because something's off about it. Speaking of that, anyone want to buy some APC sneakers?

EdenResident

Reaction score
BTW, it's obvious the jacket is pinned like hell in the back in the model picture. You need some sort of waist suppression to make it look like that. Just take it to a tailor and ask them how much it would cost. Asking us here is kinda pointless because we can't see it in person and we're not tailors.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Some people, maybe. I think it looks like **** because it does look like ****.

Well, not like ****. Not even unremarkable: if I saw it on the street I'd probably remark the guy wearing it was trying too hard to get use out of a useless purchase.

Buying stuff on deep discount will grant some nice finds from time to time, but for the most part I'd rather just get what I want instead of getting crap on sale that I hardly ever wear because something's off about it.

+1

wiru

Reaction score
People hate it because it's Juicy. No one has an actual opinion on this jacket. If you posted this as "Come check out my new W+H Jacket!" you'd probably be showered in a circle jerk.

+1 Juicy is mostly garish and tacky, but this jacket isn't. Right now it fits and looks like a chore coat. If that's not your thing, a tailor should be able to make it slimmer. Mine would charge $20-30 for that kind of alteration. Depends if you get it darted or taken in on the seams.

armaniwang07

Reaction score
Juicy Couture isn't young spoiled women brand. You most be gay guy.

armaniwang07

Reaction score
Juicy Couture brand is for young teenager girls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads