• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burburry Scarf

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
At the Outlet, the scarves are like $199 instead of like $299... so I don't know if "way to [sic] cheap" equates to $199... or $39... or somewhere in between?

Well he said it was roughly a third of the price on the webstore, so figuring that most of them are between $269 and $300 I would put it in the $100 range approximately, however as someone above said with all of the sales going on who knows...I know bloomindales sells Burberry as well as Nordstroms and both have had some pretty massive sales as of late, heck I saw Montblanc pens for upwards of 30% off which I thought was something you never saw at retail.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
My mom gave my gf and sisters fake burberry scarves last year. She told them they were fake.

BTW, the first thing I do when I get a present is ask how much the giver paid for it and, if it's cheap, think less of it/them.

lol8[1].gif

turboman808

Reaction score
Seems 1 in 3 people now is wearing a burberry scarf this year so why even bother.

I like burberry alot though and have 3 check ties.

joeygladstone

Reaction score
Why would they tell you a cheaper price if they were giving you a fake scarf?

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joeygladstone
Why would they tell you a cheaper price if they were giving you a fake scarf?

Kinda what I was thinking, also at that point wouldn't they just say it was fake....do you have reason to think that the giver would give you a fake item?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
Kinda what I was thinking, also at that point wouldn't they just say it was fake....do you have reason to think that the giver would give you a fake item?

Because he's been giving her fake orgasms for years.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the scarves, but if I did buy one it certainly wouldn't be the brown one that 5 million people have. The white color is much nicer.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine was also a gift, here you go: Lighter than the usual novacheck but authentic: No flash
Buttons022.jpg
With flash
Buttons023.jpg
Closeup
Buttons029.jpg
Ties for reference, can you tell the real from the fake 99 cent tie from ebay?:
Burberry001.jpg
Burberry002.jpg
Burberry003.jpg
Burberry007.jpg
Burberry005.jpg

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a fake - real ones are made in Scotland - if it's under $100 on ebay for a cshmere one, it's usually gonna be a fake.

TheDon

Reaction score
I think its real.

I have 3 purchased from the boutique and they all look the like that (tag) and say "made in england"

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whusurdadi
It's a fake - real ones are made in Scotland - if it's under $100 on ebay for a cshmere one, it's usually gonna be a fake.

It is definitely a fake. The font is wrong. They aren't all made in Scotland either - I've got a burgundy nova check which was Made in England.

BABuckeye

Reaction score
I've got 2. One made in Scotland (older) and one made in England (newer). The one made in England came from Saks Off 5th, where they sold it for $125, less some discount. Accordingly, I am not convinced it is fake.

BTW, I have noticed that people in California like to brag about how much they paid for things (bragging about the high expense), but people in the midwest like to brag about how much they saved on purchases. I know folks from the midwest who would be proud about getting a nice gift for a fraction of the retail cost, nad who would mention it to make the recipient feel like it was no big deal (a way to make the recipient more comfortable accepting what might be considered an expensive gift).

Also, someone mentioned that a plastic bag indicates a fake whereas a box indicates a genuine article. This is contrary to my experience. The only place I have seen scarves and ties in boxes are on ebay from Asian sellers pushing obvious fakes. I thin they dress items up in boxes to make them look like store packaging, but that is not the way retailers display or sell thinsg in the USA. So, again, I would not consider it fake simply for this reason either.

If it is soft and you like the way it looks, then enjoy it.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
I've got 2. One made in Scotland (older) and one made in England (newer). The one made in England came from Saks Off 5th, where they sold it for $125, less some discount. Accordingly, I am not convinced it is fake.

BTW, I have noticed that people in California like to brag about how much they paid for things (bragging about the high expense), but people in the midwest like to brag about how much they saved on purchases. I know folks from the midwest who would be proud about getting a nice gift for a fraction of the retail cost, nad who would mention it to make the recipient feel like it was no big deal (a way to make the recipient more comfortable accepting what might be considered an expensive gift).

Also, someone mentioned that a plastic bag indicates a fake whereas a box indicates a genuine article. This is contrary to my experience. The only place I have seen scarves and ties in boxes are on ebay from Asian sellers pushing obvious fakes. I thin they dress items up in boxes to make them look like store packaging, but that is not the way retailers display or sell thinsg in the USA. So, again, I would not consider it fake simply for this reason either.

If it is soft and you like the way it looks, then enjoy it.

The tag is sewn on crooked, the font is off, and a plastic bag means CHINA PRISON FACTORY.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Authentic Burberry seems to come in a lot of different tags. I think bris has an older scarf when they were Burberry's so it might not be the best comparison. Here's my scarf, purchased by my wife's cousin in the UK some years ago. I believe it's real.
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
I've got 2. One made in Scotland (older) and one made in England (newer). The one made in England came from Saks Off 5th, where they sold it for $125, less some discount. Accordingly, I am not convinced it is fake. BTW, I have noticed that people in California like to brag about how much they paid for things (bragging about the high expense), but people in the midwest like to brag about how much they saved on purchases. I know folks from the midwest who would be proud about getting a nice gift for a fraction of the retail cost, nad who would mention it to make the recipient feel like it was no big deal (a way to make the recipient more comfortable accepting what might be considered an expensive gift). Also, someone mentioned that a plastic bag indicates a fake whereas a box indicates a genuine article. This is contrary to my experience. The only place I have seen scarves and ties in boxes are on ebay from Asian sellers pushing obvious fakes. I thin they dress items up in boxes to make them look like store packaging, but that is not the way retailers display or sell thinsg in the USA. So, again, I would not consider it fake simply for this reason either. If it is soft and you like the way it looks, then enjoy it.
I agree. Regarding the plastic sleeve, I've seen Hermes, Ferragamo, Zegna, and other ties at legitimate Korean department stores sold that way. Can't say I've seen that done elsewhere.

Keon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Regarding the plastic sleeve, I've seen Hermes, Ferragamo, Zegna, and other ties at legitimate Korean department stores sold that way. Can't say I've seen that done elsewhere.

They are delivered to the shop in plastic, but a classy vendor will remove all packaging/tags and merchandise the item.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads