• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to see the ForumHate isn't getting to you. It's just a mismatch in style between the posters here and what you like to wear.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
And if you have something negative to say about my daughter, you're just really evil.

What is with the fit of her sweatshirt around the shoulders? The drape is awful and the sleeves are way too long.

devil.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
What is with the fit of her sweatshirt around the shoulders? The drape is awful and the sleeves are way too long.

devil.gif

Yes. In that first picture with the red/pink get-up, she is showing about 6 inches too much cuff, imo.

ccffm1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luddite
Spiffy...the worst dressed, with the best posts. Dude's ability to take flak, smile, and gently reply is astounding.
Very true. I could easily see myself having a pleasant conversion with mt_spiffy. That´s more than I can say of some who seem to be of the opinion that good clothes and good style go hand in hand. They usually don´t.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Good to see the ForumHate isn't getting to you. It's just a mismatch in style between the posters here and what you like to wear.

This is what I was trying to prove before starting this thread. I dont have the same taste as the majority of people here. What we have in common is that I love clothes and take them very seriously. That's why I am a member here.

Azure

Reaction score
Man no offense, but you look terrible and unprofessional as I think this thread is a joke.

Huge jackets,unwaisted ones, that square shoes taken from a Frankenstein Movie and that horrible knot and tie.. Still I haven´t seen a 4 button in ages...those fat jeans...

You look as a bad raper or a poor american living from welfare... No offense but it´s my opinion.

Have a look an a Corneliani catalogue or any european fashion magazine and see it by yourself!

I won´t receive in my office any seller who looked so bad man, and I´m a directive!

Is still a December 28th joke or you are named Glennie?

If you ever come to Europe, please for yourself, don´t wear those jackets!

Happy new year otherwise..

bigbjorn

Reaction score
I'm a suit-for-four-days, blazer-on-fridays conservative business dress guy whose coloring outside the lines is restricted to brogued derbies with a sack suit. That said, I can't help digging some of what you're doing. It isn't my style, but it's definitely a style! It's clear you put thought and effort into the clothes. Happy new year.

sloane3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

Let's not get carried away. This is an abomination.

pydbl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Wow.

The churches actually do have a good reason to be tax exempt. First and foremost it allows free practice of religion to flourish. The state does not have any authority to regulate beliefs and smaller faiths are allowed to practice without the burden of taxes. Moreover, churches and places of worship are, tautologically, non-profits. Hence, they should be given the same tax status as non profits (your own biases against religions notwithstanding, and frankly, aren't worth even worth addressing).

to be tax exempt, the churches are not supposed to be involved in politics, which is not the case as we've seen in the passing of Prop. 8. the so-called biases that sheen has against religions are nothing biasing at all. If the churches are there to allow free practice of religion, then church ppl, not all of them, but a lot of them, should effing stop continuously imposing their ideologies on the state and on nonbelievers. Besides, there are countless examples of how religions served as the driving force of many evils -- ignorance, war, corruption, etc

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
I won´t receive in my office any seller who looked so bad man, and I´m a directive!

Just as well he's not selling you anything and isn't after directions (?) ...

jhao

Reaction score
what's the purpose of this thread ?

Milgauss

Reaction score
I hope you take some of the constructive criticism to heart and think about it. You have a good frame but your clothes are very ill fitting with colours badly un-coordinated. The jackets have square unstructured shoulders, the jeans look bad and the colour matching is.....really bad! If you think you look good and the clothes fit well I think you will get a shock when you see these pics in 10 years' time.

At least try and get more fitted jackets and less grungy looking jeans and your whole appearance will be transformed. You have a good physique so you need to make the most of it - you're wasting good potential.

dsmolken

Reaction score
I admit I not only like this thread, I might find it useful. I'm tempted to try to pull off a somewhat similar style sometime, though probably more ESPN commentator than church musician. The actual constructive criticism in this thead would prove very useful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics