• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

cheez80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
afraid not
I think it was discontinued in 2006 or '07
there are a few hanging around at discounters (and one that I can't seem to sell
confused.gif
)
I think the problem was lack of broad explanation of where it fit in the lineup
purple label and black label are clearly different lines and styles vs Polo, but the signature blue label was seen as PRL by many, despite the higher price tag and better construction.. pity, as I, along with many others here really liked the line

thanks for the insight. now i'm sad
frown.gif

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
It's well established that the company that makes Gucci shoes, Sesto Meucci, makes these.

I saw a pair of Italian made RL shoes today. They were very expensive and looked tacky.

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
I saw a pair of Italian made RL shoes today. They were very expensive and looked tacky.

Ahhh, PS, still campaigning against any manufacturer who makes anything from animals not killed for food I see.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
Ahhh, PS, still campaigning against any manufacturer who makes anything from animals not killed for food I see.

Huh? The shoes I saw were regular leather stuff, not exotic. They just looked bad compared to RL's other shoes.

TheDiesel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
On a related note, the RL Restaurant in Chicago (next door to the Mansion) occasionally serves beef raised on his ranch. It's called the Double RL Filet. Cool!

Isnt the mansion in NYC?

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what about Ralph Lauren Jeans

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
it is bad marketing for ralph lauren, for their sports-flags shirts to be made anywhere other than the country that it's sporting. it is a bit of a turn off to show your american pride, when the shirt is not made in usa

So ralph lauren should have factories in Argentina, australia, canada, dominican republic, england france, Germany, greece, india, Ireland, israel, italy, jamaica, japan, jordan, kenya ,korea, netherlands, romani, russia, scotland, spain, sweden, switzerland and the USA to produce pretty much identical polos? I don't think there is that huge a market for israelie flag polos that ralph lauren is going to open a factory in israel to make one item.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
So ralph lauren should have factories in Argentina, australia, canada, dominican republic, england france, Germany, greece, india, Ireland, israel, italy, jamaica, japan, jordan, kenya ,korea, netherlands, romani, russia, scotland, spain, sweden, switzerland and the USA to produce pretty much identical polos? I don't think there is that huge a market for israelie flag polos that ralph lauren is going to open a factory in israel to make one item.
+1

IMO that's a classic example of slightly misplaced 'patriotism'.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Go here for the denim/streetwear forum.

There is a line called "Ralph Lauren Jeans" and it's not less formal than RLX.

Big hug for you xx

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick q, i was at RL in newbury today and the SA said RLBL suits were made by Corneliani and had never heard of Carouso? could this be correct?

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
quick q, i was at RL in newbury today and the SA said RLBL suits were made by Corneliani and had never heard of Carouso? could this be correct?
RLBL is Caruso. If the SA has never heard of Caruso, I would question how much they know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads