• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Seller MPTobis?

Lawman

Reaction score
Is he a member here? I have been very interested in a number of items offered by him but can't seem to get a response to questions about the pieces. After two different messages regarding a particularly nice Corneliani suit, specifically as to the weight and finish of the fabric (crepe, flannel, fall-winter, four-season, etc.) he responded: "the suit is 100% wool". Wow, talk about service! And this took nearly a week.

Your experiences?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he takes a very long time to respond, because he probably gets 50 messages a day. He's not intentionally dodging you but at the same time you should realize he may not respond to you before the auction ends, and you will have to decide whether to bid with limited info.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will let you know.

I just returned a jacket , but my own fault, didn't pay attention the sizing.
Communication wise, he is very responsive. He actually has an office down in Houston, has a office number that you could call from 9 to 5 with any questions.

I shall find out how fast he is with the refund

Lawman

Reaction score
His stuff, and prices, are pretty incredible, I'll say that much.

ndw

Reaction score
I've purchased a few pairs of shoes and two sportcoats from him and he was always very responsive- and items were as described. It may have taken him so long to respond because I noticed on a number of his recent auctions it had a message that he was out of town so items will be delayed.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought from him before and very happy with the transaction. Lately, he's gotten some really nice inventory... some very nice cashmere sweaters.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found him to be pretty hit & miss. I purchased several items from him in the past, but recently had a very disappointing experience: I won an auction for a fairly low price & paid, after which he sent me an email indicating that the item had been shipped. About a week later, I got an email saying that he had discovered that, in fact, the item was not in stock (a week after he told me he had shipped it). I suspected that he had received a higher offer, and asked him for a more detailed explanation, which he never provided. I also had to send 5 emails over the course of several weeks to get my money refunded.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have bought a ton of stuff from him over the years, and can't think of any problems. He is running a volume business so of course his communication can be slow.

he probably gets 50 messages a day
I get fifty messages a day, he probably gets hundreds.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought a bunch of stuff from him too...no problems at all - and very quick shipping!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris

I get fifty messages a day, he probably gets hundreds.

Now I feel bad, I asked him a few weeks ago whether a certain pair of Sutors had blue soles or brown. He responded 4 days later. With 1000+ items he probably can't even remember what items he is selling, he has to go look at them and find the answer.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm a repeat customer and have always been happy with our transactions.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At any given time, I think I have 10+ items from him in my watch list.

Fabro

Reaction score
He gets some very nice stuff. I've done one transaction with him and it went well. Package was returned to him for some reason and he reshipped overnight fedex (expensive to Canada) and ate the extra cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads