• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Grimslade...thanks for the information...if you could kindly point me to a web site which would better describe it...I would appreciate it

I looked and didn't see one. You might find something on a site on hiking boots about "locking" your speed-lacers, even though it might not call them speed lacers. Basically, as you make a loop to hook onto the speed lacer, you want to flip the loop over so that the "top" of the lace (the part nearer the end) comes out of the bottom of the speed lacer and goes under the bottom lace, locking it in place. This will make an X in front of the hook. Can you picture that?

Look at the circled "loop" on this page. Ignore the rest of the stuff. This is what I'm talking about. If it works, please let us know.

http://www.backpacker.com/april_2003...ar/5245?page=1

jjl5000

Reaction score
Grimslade...thanks for the information...if you could kindly point me to a web site which would better describe it...I would appreciate it

JJl5000, have you gotten around to wearing all 3 boots or are they still in their pristine Appreciation condition.
I loved all 3. The 888 last in the middle is the best shape. I loved the design of the boot on the left due to the unique stitching (which Dopey or likely E.T. had on his tweed swatched Shannon TD) along the throat (notice its not the swan neck stitching where the throat stitching meets the balmoral brogueing line.

Thanks Michael,

So far, only the boots on the right (burgundy calf / suede combo) have made it into the rotation.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My second entry G&G Canterbury balmoral boot

The request for brogueing along the balmoral line got lost in the numerous changes I made to my order...but I still like the boot...Manton's original picture post at the beginning of this thread was the inspiration

IMG_0503.jpg

G&G 3 piece boot tree
IMG_0504.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice boot - I agree, would have looked even nicer if the balmoral line were punched.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gherkins
Winter can come:

EG Shannon with Malvern toe cap, Dark Oak, 82

Jesus - that is stunning!!!!

Pengranger

Reaction score
G&G 3 piece boot tree
IMG_0504.jpg

Were the 3 piece boot trees standard, or a special request? Did they come with both the Thorpe and Canterbury?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Wow, quite a few Bals.

Here is my Shannon2 which I got a few months ago, in dark oak and mink suede:
p1040081in4.jpg

]

These are sick boots,I am
inlove.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Now these are really nice.

This store seems to have them,I wonder if one can get these,really nice and must be cheaper than EGs.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 piece boot tress were a special request...and costly (don't ask me)

They are much easier to use than the standard shoe tree

A part of me was totally bummed when the Canterbury was delivered yesterday sans brogueing along the balmoral line...but I've accepted it now and realize you don't even notice it when wearing trousers

Besides, it has now given me an excuse to purchase another boot with more brogueing and in cordovan leather since I have the most basic model
laugh.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Besides, it has now given me an excuse to purchase another boot with more brogueing and in cordovan leather since I have the most basic model
laugh.gif

Notice to all newbies: This is called the Styleforum syndrome. Extremely infectious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads