• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

davo10375

Reaction score
Cheers jet would love at least a list of the places to check out, need to compose a shopping timetable. SoCal can't remember if its that one for some reason it looks a bit different? Can't remember if the store one was RO drkshdw or something, now I'm thinking it must of been because the price is way lower then that one when its on sale. Check it out though Jet, I didn't have a proper look at it.

Recent pickups

Junya navy linen shorts:
DSCF0024.jpg

MMM knit
DSCF0028.jpg

Jil charcoal wool knit
DSCF0029.jpg

Country Road boots
DSCF0027.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nah it's the reverse of the one genius linked, those shorts are ridiculously nice I can't believe you got the last L man or I would buy some was looking for those in spring. Ended up getting a floral shirt, floral blazer, the grey v neck and a bunch of socks from that my fav jw collection. That jil one is thick even though it doesn't look it right? That's a solid ass investment piece.

I'll make a list with some nice food spots for you as well just let me know when.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy

APC grey shorts

Where'd you pick these up ? I have been looking for grey shorts for ages.

davo10375

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Nah it's the reverse of the one genius linked, those shorts are ridiculously nice I can't believe you got the last L man or I would buy some was looking for those in spring. Ended up getting a floral shirt, floral blazer, the grey v neck and a bunch of socks from that my fav jw collection. That jil one is thick even though it doesn't look it right? That's a solid ass investment piece.

I'll make a list with some nice food spots for you as well just let me know when.

Yeh pretty sure I got the last large doubt they would of had doubles of sizes. I'm starting to like JW more and more recently. Yeh the Jil is pretty thick but its just the perfect weight. Best part was I got it for $80 is as new condition..
teacha.gif

Thanks man yeh food spots would be great also... I'm goin on the 4th of jan so anytime before then in peachy.

SoCal is Atelier at 60% yet?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, atelier has been at 60% for awhile. Is it at 70% now? There were a lot of larger sizes left when i was there a few weeks ago. MA+, Augusta, Carpe Diem, CCP were not on sale and never go on sale really. Still plenty of Ann D, some damir doma, a pair of size 5 n(n) jeans, some nice julius jackets and more, and other stuff. Might be worth a call.

jet/davo- What were some of the prices on JW stuff you were picking up? I wish they had a blog or something like that so i could browse stock. Curious to see what drkshdw, ann d, cdg, jw, and raf they have and prices. Might email for a brief stock list tomorrow

davo10375

Reaction score
Thanks for the Atelier update... sadly I'm only going to be in NY on like the 20th of Jan :|

Chrono I agree they need some kind of blog showing what they have... they have decent amounts of stock, out of those only drkshdw, cdg shirt, jw and raf are on sale (as well as Undercover and 1 or 2 other japanese brands) and they are at 50%. Not sure if he is willing to ship overseas but if you talk to him I'm sure you can work something out. From what I can remember (stockwise...); all these prices are in Aus dollars so its quite a bit cheapers...

Drkshdw
- "there is a place that opens to tears" dust coloured long sleeve for $100
- a nice two tone knit for about 350ish I think?
- a leather jacket I'm pretty sure was drkshdw, was kind of coated, not sure how to describe it; on sale down to about $1100
- detroit cut jeans in a few sizes in a black wash, around 220 I think

CDG shirt
- not much left, shirts were 50% off to around 200
- quite a lot of sneakers on sale
- fred perry x cdg grey polo, about 100

Junya
- the linen shorts (no L's left I dont think) in khaki and navy, 270
- the famous navy/white/blue sweater from the photo with the red pants, quite a few sizes I think, around 250ish?
- a cardigan, another ls knit, a few polos and shirts I can't remember the prices of
- black linen pants (pretty much exact same as shorts but long and pretty slim) for 290 i think
- Linen blazer or two, down to about 700

Undercover
- a few pieces like cord jackets etc... nothing great to be honest, tee's down to around 80 and shirts to 200ish

Raf
- that orange/white tee from ss07 that SoCal has for about 150
- white oxford for 210ish
- a few different short sleeve shirts for around the 200 mark
- I think there was a colour block suit at 50% off as well as the velcro sneakers but not 100% sure
- V-neck greyish knit the one that sort of changes shades of grey, 370

Probably a decent amount more, this is from memory and there is other stuff I'm definetly forgetting. Pretty good prices once you do the currency conversion. Thought I would help Scott out and give you all some kind of idea anyway

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always read about people seeing Carpe Diem, I thought it no longer existed?

davo10375

Reaction score
Was also under the impression it doesnt exist; maybe its because some of the designers created lines that "branched" off it or something? meh

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I always read about people seeing Carpe Diem, I thought it no longer existed?

wjk bought them out. theyre going to be reissuing old carpe models soon or something like that

however the quality has gone down

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, atelier has been at 60% for awhile. Is it at 70% now? There were a lot of larger sizes left when i was there a few weeks ago. MA+, Augusta, Carpe Diem, CCP were not on sale and never go on sale really. Still plenty of Ann D, some damir doma, a pair of size 5 n(n) jeans, some nice julius jackets and more, and other stuff. Might be worth a call.

Only part of Atelier is 60% off now being F/W collections of Ann, NN, Yohji, some DD, Attachment, Virdi-Anne, Julius. They just got some new SS09 YY, AD and Julius. m.a.+, CCP, Linea, etc are full price.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Junya navy linen shorts:
DSCF0024.jpg

Can't you afford an iron?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you know if they've got attachment jeans? what would they be priced at, roughly, at 60% off at A?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
wjk bought them out. theyre going to be reissuing old carpe models soon or something like that

however the quality has gone down

Looks like quality has gone down and prices have gone up? I found them on a Japanese website and they are around $2k. I had always figured they were closer to half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads