• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice drducky & gdl203.

Im dreaming of a vintade Polaris, but they are hard to come by.
There are al sorts of strange JLC memovoxes floating around. Branded, parking etc. LOL and a LOTT of mismatch and "reconfiguring".

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Too may "common" brands here, so here is my new addition to spice up the IWC dominance... Jaquet Droz sports watch... Gaz
While I agree with you there and REALY like some of the JD pices ... Dont think the sports series is JD's strong suit.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
While I agree with you there and REALY like some of the JD pices ... Dont think the sports series is JD's strong suit.

I like it because its something very different from the pieces in my collection. The detailing on the case work is impressive as it the finish of the Fredrick Piquet movement.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
L1070691.jpg

L1070701.jpg

Nice one Phat. I parted with mine about 12 months ago as I had to trim the herd, so to speak.

A great watch and was sad to see it go but sacrifices had to be made. I recall that I was the first to receive this watch in Australia, even before any Aston Martin owners. Its gone to good home and I know the new owner is enjoying it.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

The alarm gong against the titanium case offers such a crisp sound, which is much better than steel and even gold. The overall design is an excellent modern intepretation of the original Memovox dive alarm watch. The new 1968 limited edition Memovox is a stunning piece and worth a look into if you like the AMVox.

Enjoy the alarm.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
Love the Sinn dial! Crappy valjoux movement though.
- that crappy Val movement is tried & tested & served veru well for the industry (even in it's basic format)..

Originally Posted by gdl203
Looking at it on your wrist though, I won't point out the obvious but... well you know... maybe the watch is not too big and maybe you need to do something about that puny wrist.
- I know I have narrow wrists (& ankles -no cankles here), but the angle of the pic has exaggerated the proportions. Heck I even wear a IWC BP!

Originally Posted by drducky
I agree.. while I had posted this 6 months ago, I have an original Memovox that I love and will repost it
- schweet

Originally Posted by gdl203
Very nice ducky - here is mine
- another winner

Originally Posted by gazman70k
Nice one Phat. I parted with mine about 12 months ago as I had to trim the herd, so to speak.

The alarm gong against the titanium case offers such a crisp sound, which is much better than steel and even gold. The overall design is an excellent modern intepretation of the original Memovox dive alarm watch. The new 1968 limited edition Memovox is a stunning piece and worth a look into if you like the AMVox.

Enjoy the alarm.

- thanks & yes I have been setting the alarm for any reason!

Originally Posted by Metlin
That's a gorgeous watch, PG!
- thanks

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, thought I would as here. Sounds silly, but I can not figure out an answer/solution.

I have 4 watches that I would like to regularly wear. But I only wear one often because the rest are uncomfortable. The one that is comfortable is a titanium bracelet Tissot that fits somewhat loose at the bottom of my wrist, with enough room to spare so my wrist is not pinched when it bends. The other watches that have leather or a rubber strap seem rigid and either dig into the top of my hand when worn loose or I have to wear very tight, very high on the wrist.

Is there a secret? Again, it seems silly, but I am 0/3 with bracelets that are not metal.

I have a leather strapped Skagen (http://www.skagen.com/item/331XLSL1.fx), a leather strapped Tissot (like the leather strapped ones here http://www.tissot.ch/products/#produ...ces,0005,0045), a rubber strapped Seiko diver (http://www.chronograph.com/store/cat...ts/SKX009K.jpg)

JonF

Reaction score
Here is my current favourite that gets worn pretty much every day. I posted this watch... but a different picture a few months ago. I plan to make another watch purchase in the next month... so hopefully this one will get a little rest every now and again
smile.gif

Speedy_50mm.jpg

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kontai69
My humble collection (Seiko SARB027, Omega Seamaster Pro, Breitling Aerospace, Sinn 356)...

Nice collection, hardly humble.
wink.gif

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomos finally got round to making the watch I've been hoping for ever since the original Club was released.

Afb347.jpg
Afb353.jpg

Afb350.jpg
Afb348.jpg

skeen

Reaction score
What's with peoples' ignorance of 'standard' movements? The assumption that they're crappy is completely flawed. They're 100% tried and true.

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Nomos finally got round to making the watch I've been hoping for ever since the original Club was released.

Nice!

I put through an order for a Nomos Orion just a few days ago. Wasn't planning on getting it just yet, but the price will almost certainly shoot up next year due to the GBP:EUR exchange rate...

Should arrive in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads