• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Few John Lobb shoes at Lenox NM

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Straying from the Brooks Brothers are we? lol

**** BB lol,I am going there now,they are holding a pair of boots for me.I may stop at NM to check those JL Tamars.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
**** BB lol,I am going there now,they are holding a pair of boots for me.I may stop at NM to check those JL Tamars.

laugh.gif

If they put out any more of the Barker Blacks let me know. Also, if they have any of the Lobbs in a 10 1/2 US, let me know. They did not when I was there last week.

Which boots did you go for at BB?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
laugh.gif

If they put out any more of the Barker Blacks let me know. Also, if they have any of the Lobbs in a 10 1/2 US, let me know. They did not when I was there last week.

Which boots did you go for at BB?

I just got back,I stopped at RL,bought the Harrington suede boots,I didn't stop at BB.
Also,stopped at NM;they have JL Tarmar Red Museum,I didn't like it.They also had two boxes of Kiton black cap toes.I didn't see any Barker Blacks.
I was keeping an eye on those RLPL Harringtons,they are on sale for $440.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got back,I stopped at RL,bought the Harrington suede boots,I didn't stop at BB.
Also,stopped at NM;they have JL Tarmar Red Museum,I didn't like it.They also had two boxes of Kiton black cap toes.I didn't see any Barker Blacks.
I was keeping an eye on those RLPL Harringtons,they are on sale for $440.

What didnt you like about them?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
What didnt you like about them?

I don't know,I just didn't like them,nothing special or maybe not my cup of tea.They retailed at $1020,they had my size too but I went for the RLPL boots.

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score
I don't know,I just didn't like them,nothing special or maybe not my cup of tea.They retailed at $1020,they had my size too but I went for the RLPL boots.
What color was the Harrington in? Dark or tobacco suede? With shoe trees?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not that you asked me, but I would have done the same. The Tamars are OK -- good for $420, but I would get more use out of the Harringtons.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee
What color was the Harrington in? Dark or tobacco suede? With shoe trees?

Harrington is Dark suede,I wouldn't call it tobacco.It is very nice,I am sure you can find the pictures in the shoe pictorial.
Yes,they do come with shoe trees.

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score
Harrington is Dark suede,I wouldn't call it tobacco.It is very nice,I am sure you can find the pictures in the shoe pictorial. Yes,they do come with shoe trees.
Thank. Tried pictorial, but did not find it unless it's under a different name in the EG section. Is it in this coffee suede (http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/3...feesuede_1.jpg)? Also. no Mackay in suede?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank. Tried pictorial, but did not find it unless it's under a different name in the EG section. Is it in this coffee suede (http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/3...feesuede_1.jpg)? Also. no Mackay in suede?

They are here:http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=60579

the ones in above thread are calf,I wish RL had them in calf.I didn't see Mackay,but I didn't ask.They consolidated their inventory so other stores might have it,you need to call and check.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Forex, what was the price on the Kitons?

I didn't check,sorry.Sizes were too small,I didn't even bother to check.Retail was little over 2K,I imagine they were discounted to maybe $1500 or so,plus they are on the table with additional 40% off.But I am just speculating.

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score
They are here:http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=60579 the ones in above thread are calf,I wish RL had them in calf.I didn't see Mackay,but I didn't ask.They consolidated their inventory so other stores might have it,you need to call and check.
THanks again. Actually I know the size i need and external appearance of the boots, but want to confirm if the color they had was similar to coffee suede rather something like dark brown or mink suede. A confirmation would be appreciated.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THanks again. Actually I know the size i need and external appearance of the boots, but want to confirm if the color they had was similar to coffee suede rather something like dark brown or mink suede. A confirmation would be appreciated.

They are close to these:
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4...inksuede_1.jpg

They are definitely not tobacco,I think tobacco is much lighter.Nice color nevertheless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads