• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Gifts to Keep or Return?

coopster

Reaction score
I figured I would start this thread for people that received a gift that they aren't quite sure that they want to keep or return.

I guess I can start it off. I got these Coach Austin boots from my parents and while they seem very nice I don't know how to use them. In person they are lighter than they look in the photo and while they seem awfully nice to wear for a night about town but at the same time they are too awkward of a color for my business casual attire that wear during the week. Any suggestions.

q736_snd_a0_front

http://www.coach.com/content/product...ategory_id=160

indy116

Reaction score
They look like they'd be good to wear with jeans, but not sure I'd wear them with anything more.

Night Owl

Reaction score
I'll probably return these crocodile shoes from my brother in law.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
return both.

the coach shoes are uncomfortable shoes. you will not enjoy wearing them at all.

By both do you mean my shoes also?

I tell him I like alligator/crocodile and this is what I end up with..

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Night Owl
I'll probably return these crocodile shoes from my brother in law.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Next time specify "I like shoes made from alligator skin, as opposed to shoes that look like alligators."

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somebody needs to start a good old fashioned Yankee Swap thread in B&S where unwanted Christmas gifts can be traded for something more preferred that somebody else did not want. Seems to be the most economically efficient way to maximize SF's collective utility..
laugh.gif

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Somebody needs to start a good old fashioned Yankee Swap thread in B&S where unwanted Christmas gifts can be traded for something more preferred that somebody else did not want. Seems to be the most economically efficient way to maximize SF's collective utility..
laugh.gif

Woo ... that's a great idea! Except all I got for Christmas is a book about spirituality and a calendar. Slim pickings 2008!

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I'm not sure what caused me more discomfort -- those shoes, or the urine-stained crotch thread

Enfo

Reaction score
I've got a few gift cards I want to get rid of...

$200 Bloomingdales
$200 Apple Gift Card (Not Itunes)

coopster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Enfo
I've got a few gift cards I want to get rid of...

$200 Bloomingdales
$200 Apple Gift Card (Not Itunes)

Can I get some pics and measurements please?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads