• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Gonna have to say no to that one, if you're going to have a cape at least have a man's cape that isn't all small and ***** ass.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
if u want a trench coat/cape, you're best off with the juun j trench/cape.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yes. That's fantastic. What is it?
Mjolk, an Australian label. Probably right up your alley: http://www.asylum.com/2008/08/15/fas...howcase-mjolk/

Originally Posted by jet
Gonna have to say no to that one, if you're going to have a cape at least have a man's cape that isn't all small and ***** ass.
Batman%20and%20Robin%20TV.jpg

?

F475

Reaction score
I am in the market for new eyeglasses. Thinking of these..

persol-2324V-eyeglasses-522.jpg

persol-2324V-eyeglasses-892.jpg

or

persol-2324V-eyeglasses-896.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
I'm having a really hard time finding glasses that I like on me. I bought Moscot emile and I'm not so sure about them. My girlfriend really likes them and everyone I have asked had said yes, I'm not sure though. I get a lot of compliments at work about my resemblance to James Dean or Marlon Brando and I feel like these glasses ruin it; gives me a bad Buddy Holly look. Only two pictures I have, one is sorta an awkward Lips Xbox moment that my friend took.

Moscot Emile

I think you look better without the glasses

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
I'm having a really hard time finding glasses that I like on me. I bought Moscot emile and I'm not so sure about them. My girlfriend really likes them and everyone I have asked had said yes, I'm not sure though. I get a lot of compliments at work about my resemblance to James Dean or Marlon Brando and I feel like these glasses ruin it; gives me a bad Buddy Holly look. Only two pictures I have, one is sorta an awkward Lips Xbox moment that my friend took.

On Me
1312033.jpg

DSCN1836.jpg

It's the people at work who need to get glasses.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
What's the price point on those Persols? Have you looked at Mykita?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, genuine question here - whats the difference between using the term "price point" and just saying "price" here?

RushX

Reaction score
2wocfn9.jpg

If I can buy only one which should I buy?
Or should I buy neither?

F475

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
What's the price point on those Persols? Have you looked at Mykita?
$135. Not familiar with Mykita, will look them up, thanks!

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, genuine question here - whats the difference between using the term "price point" and just saying "price" here?

There is no difference. Thanks so much for your useful comment.
eh.gif

Edit: Having posted my smart-ass reply, I started wondering why "price point" sounds right in a sentence like this. I think the technical answer is that the prices of goods to tend to cluster in certain ranges based on actual or perceived value. Here's an article from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_point

So it would be right to say that the OP's Persols are at a different "price point" (not "price") than the Mykitas, which (depending on model) run $300 to $500.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads