• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh screw it, for this price you can't go wrong and with free return shipping.

Just picked up a Windsor Slim Fit, a Francomb Milan, and a Casual slim shirt.

If these fit def cheaper than tailoring shirts. I brought in two shirts Friday to get slimmed down and since they have to basically take the whole shirt apart its gonna cost around $30 each. Also getting them shortened, buttons moved, and pockets removed.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
If you don't mind, how big is your drop? Also, if you're in the US, what did you end up paying in duties?
about 8, so I my expectations with anything OTR are already low. No duties paid.
Originally Posted by zeero3
I bought one TM Lewin shirt to see how they fit (15/33) and it fits great. I'm not experienced enough to compare it to other makers, but I love it. I'm 5'6"ish and 140lbs ish and it fits VERY good. Anyone else w/ a Lewin shirt, what do you think of the fabric?
Like the fabric, although it is different depending on what shirt you order, I had three different types and all seemed to be pretty good quality.
Originally Posted by mkarim
How long did it take you to receive them? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and am still waiting...
frown.gif

it was pretty quick - did you receive a confirmation of shipment email from them? I believe it took less than two weeks from order, and probably 5-6 business days once they shipped them out.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
it was pretty quick - did you receive a confirmation of shipment email from them?

I believe it took less than two weeks from order, and probably 5-6 business days once they shipped them out.

Actually I received my shipment of Milan slimfits yesterday. It took about 2 weeks. The shirts are good, quite slim, fabric seems good (not cheap) and (Milan) collar is stiff enough to withstand washes. Overall, for $30 each, it's quite a steal!

I am expecting another shipment (blue shirts for $30) from them any day...

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be curious when I get mine to see how they stack up against the Tyrwhitt ones I have.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Actually I received my shipment of Milan slimfits yesterday. It took about 2 weeks. The shirts are good, quite slim, fabric seems good (not cheap) and (Milan) collar is stiff enough to withstand washes. Overall, for $30 each, it's quite a steal! I am expecting another shipment (blue shirts for $30) from them any day...
When you say "for $30 each, it's quite a steal" - what's the implication? Is it a better deal to find a $60 shirt that costs $30, or a $160 shirt that costs $100? We all get excited about super low prices, but there's just no way the quality will really be there for $30. After the buzz of the seemingly good deal is gone you're going to be wearing a cheap shirt and it will show (maybe after a washing or two).

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seph
When you say "for $30 each, it's quite a steal" - what's the implication? Is it a better deal to find a $60 shirt that costs $30, or a $160 shirt that costs $100?

We all get excited about super low prices, but there's just no way the quality will really be there for $30. After the buzz of the seemingly good deal is gone you're going to be wearing a cheap shirt and it will show (maybe after a washing or two).

Good point. But many people here have had good experiences with TM Lewin, so it seems like a (relatively) safe bet. I wouldn't buy Hillfiger or CK no matter how low their prices.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDiesel
How would this shirt fit me?

6 feet, 172 lbs.

Hey, Diesel - I see you don't disclose your location. Where do you live?
Just curious.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say "for $30 each, it's quite a steal" - what's the implication? Is it a better deal to find a $60 shirt that costs $30, or a $160 shirt that costs $100?

We all get excited about super low prices, but there's just no way the quality will really be there for $30. After the buzz of the seemingly good deal is gone you're going to be wearing a cheap shirt and it will show (maybe after a washing or two).

The fabric is nice. It's not some ****** specialty store poly blend. It seems to be well-sewn, and looks pretty good for now. Nice stiff collar. Looks and fits good. As long as it lasts through the rotation for a year or so, it's fine. There are members here who claim that their TML shirts lasted for years and year.

Don't get me wrong, I understand those are entry level shirts, but I think the return on investment is just fine here. Once I can allow myself to spend a couple grand for to rebuild my shirt collection, that's what I'll do.

TheDiesel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Hey, Diesel - I see you don't disclose your location. Where do you live?
Just curious.

lol, why?

hahahah

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its called a value purchase. The shirts are comparable to what you get for $100 or more that you don't feel "cheap" wearing

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kulata
The shirts are comparable to what you get for $100 or more that you don't feel "cheap" wearing

yeah, so far I can't tell the difference between the TML shirts and the $160 retail hugo boss stuff.. Of course we all know about HB though..

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
yeah, so far I can't tell the difference between the TML shirts and the $160 retail hugo boss stuff.. Of course we all know about HB though..

Actually, this is true. I just bought this for the sale price of $30:

http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/product.aspx/!15978

It looks VERY similar to a Hugo Boss shirt that retails for $125. The Boss shirt is a little more slim and creates a better silhouette, but I can get the TML shirt above altered - and still save about $75!!!

Also, the TML's collar is more stiff than the Boss collar. I don't think the latter will stand up to more than 3-4 washes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads