• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
it is bad marketing for ralph lauren, for their sports-flags shirts to be made anywhere other than the country that it's sporting. it is a bit of a turn off to show your american pride, when the shirt is not made in usa

cheez80

Reaction score
whatever happened to the blue label "signature" line as mentioned previously in this thread? i own a few, but haven't seen any at the boutique (either on rodeo or south coast plaza). do they not make these anymore?
frown.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Damn, how did I miss that? How do they fit, what with the E width & all?

They fit great. They were for sale at that price and were gone within a few hours after someone posted that on SF...
smile.gif

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheez80
whatever happened to the blue label "signature" line as mentioned previously in this thread? i own a few, but haven't seen any at the boutique (either on rodeo or south coast plaza). do they not make these anymore?
frown.gif

afraid not
I think it was discontinued in 2006 or '07
there are a few hanging around at discounters (and one that I can't seem to sell
confused.gif
)
I think the problem was lack of broad explanation of where it fit in the lineup
purple label and black label are clearly different lines and styles vs Polo, but the signature blue label was seen as PRL by many, despite the higher price tag and better construction.. pity, as I, along with many others here really liked the line

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
3. Ralph Ralph Lauren - a western and vintage themed line of mixed quality, some items are of excellent quality, while others are poorer. The styling of this line is distincitve, and may not be everyone's cup of tea.

RRL is pronounced "Double R L." It is the named after the Ralph Lauren's ranch, which may or may not exist. RRL stands for Ralph and Ricki Lauren, with Ricki being his wife. The symbol, or icon, with the backwards R, the regular R, and the L, are meant to resemble a brand that would be burned onto the hind quarters of cattle.

Accordingly, the Double RL items are western inspired, or ranch life inspired. It is a pet project of Ralph Lauren's and the quality is excellent across the board. Of all the RL lines, it may be the most consistent in terms of quality.

scotsman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
RRL is pronounced "Double R L." It is the named after the Ralph Lauren's ranch, which may or may not exist. RRL stands for Ralph and Ricki Lauren, with Ricki being his wife. The symbol, or icon, with the backwards R, the regular R, and the L, are meant to resemble a brand that would be burned onto the hind quarters of cattle.

Accordingly, the Double RL items are western inspired, or ranch life inspired. It is a pet project of Ralph Lauren's and the quality is excellent across the board. Of all the RL lines, it may be the most consistent in terms of quality.

The Double R L ranch does exist and is located in Ridgeway, CO between Montrose and Telluride. The ranch is surrounded by a wooden fence the locals call the "million-dollar fence" which is the supposed cost of the large fence.

pkincy

Reaction score
It appears to me that the RLPL no longer has ready to wear suits carried either in the B&M stores or the website. I have been told that you can do MTM with the line however.

Perry

PS: earlier this year I did see some RTW stock in the Atlanta Buckhead store, but nowhere else I have visited.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
It appears to me that the RLPL no longer has ready to wear suits carried either in the B&M stores or the website. I have been told that you can do MTM with the line however.

Perry

PS: earlier this year I did see some RTW stock in the Atlanta Buckhead store, but nowhere else I have visited.

The mansion is full of RTW RLPL tailored clothing.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF Polo has tons of tailored RLPL and sports jackets

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by goodlife
Lauren Ralph Lauren also has a silver label line with the same crap quality, but a slimmer fit.

I've seen the silver label only once and, while still nothing special, it seemed to be at least a little better than the Green Label. Still nowhere near the standard Blue Label, of course. Seemed about on par with Abboud/HSM.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HatMagnet
I have a pair of the Italian made shoes,I'd be interested to know who made them.

I read this entire thread on the hope someone would answer this burning question.
frown.gif

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I read this entire thread on the hope someone would answer this burning question.
frown.gif

It's well established that the company that makes Gucci shoes, Sesto Meucci, makes these.

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scotsman
The Double R L ranch does exist and is located in Ridgeway, CO between Montrose and Telluride. The ranch is surrounded by a wooden fence the locals call the "million-dollar fence" which is the supposed cost of the large fence.

On a related note, the RL Restaurant in Chicago (next door to the Mansion) occasionally serves beef raised on his ranch. It's called the Double RL Filet. Cool!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics