• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my NEW dior 19cm mij fit

remn

Reaction score
After many pointed out that my first attempt at dior was a failure, I decided I would give it another shot. Sz. 29 was way too ******* tight, so I bought a pair of black raws in sz. 30. These had been preowned but unsoaked. Huge difference from the 29's. I've read that there is not a huge difference from 29->30 in the thigh, but I beg to differ; its like night and day. 29s cut off my leg circulation, 30s are slim but super comfortable all the way down. Unfortunately, the waist is too big (aligned is 17") making them unwearable without a belt. Should I just suck it up and wear a belt? Should I have let my 29s stretch more before selling? Will these shrink after a soak? Does the fit still suck and I should just give up? Obligatory pics:
29s i sold:
DSC08131.jpg
DSC08132.jpg
Unsoaked but preowned 30s i just bought: No belt-- belt-- for the right price ill sell these. hit me up with your offers!

Kodiak

Reaction score
I don't know, they look almost too big to me now. Maybe try sz29 21cm?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it looks like the 29 indigos you had before you should have just kept those then lol.

Curious_George

Reaction score
29s looked way too tight. The 30s seem to fit fine everywhere but the waist, just wear a belt.

zubin

Reaction score
obviously the dude who owned these jeans before you wa a little bit larger than you and stretched them past what wouldve worked for your frame

you can keep those 30s as your fat stretched out jean and just buy another new sz. 30 and have that stretch out to conform toyour body

or you can just give up on the dior 19cm as it doesnt seem to suit you very well.

Ringo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zubin
obviously the dude who owned these jeans before you wa a little bit larger than you and stretched them past what wouldve worked for your frame

you can keep those 30s as your fat stretched out jean and just buy another new sz. 30 and have that stretch out to conform toyour body

or you can just give up on the dior 19cm as it doesnt seem to suit you very well.

I agree with this, except for the last sentence. I actually like how it looks on you, other than the belt, which I don't like at all.

What's your waist/hip measurement where you wear your jeans, and how does that compare to the waist of the jeans? They look like they might be up to a 34" or 35", while you are probably around 32-33" at the hip.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
i think diors look best anti-fit slouched on pretty thin guys. your 30s do not look like diors. they look ok but, for the money, you can do much better. for half the price, i'd recommend sagging some apcs. your first fits in the 29 when you sagged were looking more like the way they should be. not sure what they'd look like stretched. for over $200, it's a pricey bet.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, your ass is too big, and what I mean by that is stop trying to fit your normal ass into jeans designed for anorexic people. There are plenty of good skinny jeans that will complement your figure. Give up.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
sell me those black ones for cheap tho, k?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the original ones looked much better and would have most likely stretched even more for a perfect fit. Ahh well.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At first they looked a little too tight, now they look like they don't fit.

29's looked better for sure.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I would probably seriously buy those from you if the price is good. just putting it out there dawg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads