• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Snoots

Reaction score
I got my beeswax Desert Boots a few weeks ago, and I've been loving them. Here's a shot from when they were new.
3105861662_340fa9ed79_o.jpg
I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to go for the mink oil treatment or not. They're a little light, but I don't want to darken them too much. I almost bought some Kiwi Mink Oil at the supermarket today, but the ingredients seemed to lack beeswax. It contained lanolin instead. Edit: Forgot to mention sizing info. I normally wear a 9.5 or 10 in skate shoes, and about a 9.5 in most other shoes, so I went for 9's on these. If I had the chance to order them again, I might go down a whole size to 8.5 instead, but the 9 is comfortable without being constraining. There's just a little more room at the tip of the toebox than I'm used to.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These guys are pretty easy to fit. The soles are so flexible, it does not seem to matter much if you get the ball of your foot into the widest part. They will bend anywhere. It's not like a double-leather-soled dress shoe, where it's more noticeable if some part of the fit is off.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my first pair of beeswax db was size 8 but wearing them almost everyday stretched them out so much even thick socks didn't help. i ended up ordering a size 7 thats on its way hopefully it doesn't end like my first pair.

i also want a pair of those distressed grey lighter sole desert boots can't find them anywhere online though.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
I got some new ones yesterday and they are a lovely dark red/plum. The box says the colour is 'aubergine lea'. They were actually in the womans section with another colour called 'mink', which were a great dirty dark grey colour,but I settled on the aubergine. May go back and get the others though. Luckily they had bigger sizes as I don't think these models were especially made for women, just the shop had them in small(er) sizes and were charging less for them than the traditional brown and black ones. I'll try and post a pic of the colour soon, cant find good stock photos online...I lied, here they are. mink ones...may not work aubergine

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
my first pair of beeswax db was size 8 but wearing them almost everyday stretched them out so much even thick socks didn't help. i ended up ordering a size 7 thats on its way hopefully it doesn't end like my first pair.

i also want a pair of those distressed grey lighter sole desert boots can't find them anywhere online though.

how did they fit before the stretch, length-wise and width-wise?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
how did they fit before the stretch, length-wise and width-wise?

too be honest i think i sized mine wrong to begin with. they where half a size to big which didn't help. then from them breaking in finally only made them worse. i'm pretty sure i'm safe with the size 7 though.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Would you guys wear the Beeswax with a fresh pair of raw black jeans?

yea i would as long as it looks good.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just got my size 7 today the fit everywhere is good this is with thin dress socks though no room in the toebox. i'd imagine with thick socks they would be tight. now to find the lighter grey colored ones with the light soles in size 7.

i guess my size 8 ones can be my beater pair lol. although when i bought my size 8 ones i was wearing thick socks at the store. i had about half a inch of space in the toebox.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
is it true that these look better with age?
This pic sold me :
dsc04621xh1.jpg
Here mines, been wearing em for like almost 6 months, and apply'd the mink oil once. Nothing special ;[, and yeah I had some indigo bleed hehe. Outdoor :
Picture100.jpg
Picture101.jpg
Picture102.jpg
In door :
Picture103.jpg

yamazs

Reaction score
I need a size 6 db (beeswax) but clarks doesn't make them/have them that small
plain.gif
... are there any alternatives that would be similar and in that size?

edit: nm... found some...

Crakaveli

Reaction score
is there a matte black color besides the suede? the regular black leather is too shiney i think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads