• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding tie, opinion please

m7ammad

Reaction score
Your opinion is appreciated as I try to choose a tie out of these three to wear to my wedding. The Other two will probably go to my father and brother.

After reading up on wedding ties here, I believe I have acceptable patterns. Out of the three, the middle one is narrower and I'd say ties the nicest knot. The suit is charcoal and the ties are all black, silver, and little white.

Thanks for your help.

3132618248_42cb217d02_o.jpg

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer the left tie for a wedding. The tie in the centre is quite nice, but I prefer brighter, more cheerful tones for weddings and festive occasions. The tie in the middle is a bit too sombre for my liking.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're all fine, but I personally like the one on the right.

I suggest going with the one you yourself just like the look of best.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by academe
The tie in the centre is quite nice, but I prefer brighter, more cheerful tones for weddings and festive occasions. The tie in the middle is a bit too sombre for my liking.
+1 The middle one is my favourite in general, but for a wedding my vote goes to the one on the right.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They're basically all the same. My vote is to go with the one you like most.

AdamInSF

Reaction score
Left or right, as others have said, the middle one is a bit sedate, but none would be wrong. And having your brother & father wear the other two should make for a festive, but non-matchy-matchy look.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the one on the right; however, the one on the middle will make you stand out if your father and brother are wearing the other two.

But like another poster said, I'd rather that people wear something a little bright on a wedding day, and the ones on the left and the right are both a bit less... sober?

m7ammad

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I think I'll go with the one in the middle, the wedding is on Sunday. I appreciate all the responses.

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m7ammad
Thank you guys. I think I'll go with the one in the middle, the wedding is on Sunday. I appreciate all the responses.

Good choice and congrats!

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did you get the tie in the middle from?

its looks nice and i have been looking for one like it.

m7ammad

Reaction score
Thanks again gentlemen.

Originally Posted by Omar1223
where did you get the tie in the middle from?

its looks nice and i have been looking for one like it.

It's a Calvin Klein tie, I got it from a department store. I don't recall which one, it might've been Macy's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads