• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers christmas sale

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I picked up a couple of Black Fleece cardigans. Nice stuff.
I agree, I picked up a few last year. They've become my favorite cardigans.

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
8 a.m. where I'm shopping.

JayJay, we are eagerly waiting live news from you!
bounce2.gif

mg428

Reaction score
I have the brown version, and they're great shoes. They fit well and are well made. Unfortunately, I've only worn them once because of the bad weather we've had lately. I haven't seen the black version.

Do they fit true to size? Do you know the manufacturer and the last of the saddle shoes?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
Do any of the BF cardigans you are refferring to currently available online?

Is this one among them?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BB_Bla...arent=menlooks

If so, how do you find it in general and its fit?

The sweaters this year are the same style as last year. However, they were all solid colors last year, and more colors were available. They fit well.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JayJay, we are eagerly waiting live news from you!
bounce2.gif

I won't be there at 8 but I'll get there before the additional 15% off discount ends. Actually I doubt many folks will be there at 8 a.m., it's very icy here and the sidewalks are treacherous.

mg428

Reaction score
The sweaters this year are the same style as last year. However, they were all solid colors last year, and more colors were available. They fit well.

I see. I would assume due to the argyle pattern this year's model is probably more expensive than the last year's solid model. How much did you pay for it? Do you think that the overall quality, fit and et cetera of the cardigan justifies the $510 price tag? (It is quite hard to splurge money on a cardigan knowing that I can buy a shell cordovan for $340.) BTW, was there any further sale (in addition to 50% + 15%) when you purchased your cardigan last year?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see. I would assume due to the argyle pattern this year's model is probably more expensive than the last year's solid model. How much did you pay for it? Do you think that the overall quality, fit and et cetera of the cardigan justifies the $510 price tag? (It is quite hard to splurge money on a cardigan knowing that I can buy a shell cordovan for $340.) BTW, was there any further sale (in addition to 50% + 15%) when you purchased your cardigan last year?
I don't remember what I paid, but I enjoy and wear the sweaters a lot.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought two Black Fleece v-necks. There goes my EG sale money.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I picked up a couple of Black Fleece cardigans. Nice stuff.

Among other things, I got a Black Fleece OCDB in white with....

...double cuffs! Now I sin with you.

I f'ed it further with a pink monogram up high on the sleeve, Astaire style.

- B

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Brooks on Madison ave has the Cord. Longwings in sz 9.5 and up. Unfortunately they didnt have any 9's. I still have mine on backorder online though. I work .5 miles away from the store so its a convenient walk.
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Among other things, I got a Black Fleece OCDB in white with....

...double cuffs! Now I sin with you.

I f'ed it further with a pink monogram up high on the sleeve, Astaire style.

- B

I grabbed a blue candy stripe and a houndstooth. No monograms, no french cuffs.

mg428

Reaction score
I am fck' curious as to how these shoes look in black. On the one hand, I don't like black suedes, I never bought one, I always lean towards brown suede. On the other hand, cordovan - suede combination is pretty unusual, and it appears to be very good for the brown, which makes me think that the black shoes may also be quite nice. I don't wanna end up with the brown ones, again. So I will appreciate your opinions on the black saddle shoes if you see them in the store. Of course, photos will be more appreciated!
smile.gif

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BB_Bla...accessoriesmen

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am fck' curious as to how these shoes look in black. On the one hand, I don't like black suedes, I never bought one, I always lean towards brown suede. On the other hand, cordovan - suede combination is pretty unusual, and it appears to be very good for the brown, which makes me think that the black shoes may also be quite nice. I don't wanna end up with the brown ones, again. So I will appreciate your opinions on the black saddle shoes if you see them in the store. Of course, photos will be more appreciated!
smile.gif

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BB_Bla...accessoriesmen

I'd go with brown,black suede just doesn't look right.Very nice looking pair of shoes though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics