• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three-Name Entertainers who don't suck - name them

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Madonna Louise Ciccone...

oops, never mind!
rimshot.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdg137
Philip Michael Thomas-- aka Rico Tubbs

OMG - REMEMBER STRYPER LOL - THEY ROK 4EVAR - WOW.

You were one of those kids who didn't listen at all but still spoke up when it was apparent that someone was waiting for an answer. You know...someone asked your name and you glanced at your watch and said TIMEX.

Originally Posted by The Deacon
Madonna Louise Ciccone...

oops, never mind!
rimshot.gif

LOL...or something.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nugget
Sir Les Patterson.

One of David Bowie's redeeming qualities lies in his never having accepted an invitiation to MBE or knighthood. I like him for that, along with his rampant bisexuality and weird eyes. But even if he had accepted a knighthood, he still would not be on this list, because SIR IS NOT A NAME.

Just out of randomness, is anyone going to mention Phillip Michael Thomas? I've not heard that name in forever.

Nugget

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
One of David Bowie's redeeming qualities lies in his never having accepted an invitiation to MBE or knighthood. I like him for that, along with his rampant bisexuality and weird eyes. But even if he had accepted a knighthood, he still would not be on this list, because SIR IS NOT A NAME.

it kinda is in this case.. nice Bowie story though... yawn.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
it kinda is in this case.. nice Bowie story though... yawn.

Sir Les is also kinda fictional. DQ

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you catch on so fast.. special star.

ooh, snarl Nugget, snarl.

You're just upset since I already DQ'd Jean-Claude Van Damme and you've been hung up on his greatness since Double Impact.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yves Saint Laurent- He was in his documentary and was quite entertaining.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kristen Scott Thomas...I don't recall the prior ruling but she does very little for me. SOOOO...I'll rule again....I watched the English Patient one evening - back before it hit big - with Mrs. T (not KST but my wife) in a small indie theater in the hip/trendy/gay part of town (the ONLY place screening it). I hoped for nookie afterwards, but the mondo depresso ending cancelled out all hopes of a compensatory *******. I hold this Kristen Scott Thomas personally responsible for my sexual frustration.

I saw her earlier this month in Chekov's Seagull. Quite a different role for her as a cougar. Growl!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nugget

Reaction score
ooh, snarl Nugget, snarl. You're just upset since I already DQ'd Jean-Claude Van Damme and you've been hung up on his greatness since Double Impact.
Ok, you got me there. Was he DQ'd because of too many names or too few? Or the more obvious failure of the 'not suck' criteria. I guess you will also not permit Dame Edna Everage? Gimme some thinking music.. and time I need more time.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Yves Saint Laurent- He was in his documentary and was quite entertaining.

Wasn't YSL a recluse by nature? How is that entertaining?

That said, I can't DQ a man of that kind of talent. And he made Kouros, so he's on the list.

Originally Posted by poorsod
I saw her earlier this month in Chekov's Seagull. Quite a different role for her as a cougar. Growl!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

.....hmmm. Guess I better check that one out.

Originally Posted by wmmk
+1 on Ol' Dirty Bastard.

+1 on "add him to the list" or +1 on Ol' not being a name? Or Dirty? Or Bastard?

Ok, you got me there. Was he DQ'd because of too many names or too few? Or the more obvious failure of the 'not suck' criteria.

I guess you will also not permit Dame Edna Everage? Gimme some thinking music.. and time I need more time.

If I waived the 'not suck' criteria, Jean-Claude Van Damme actually is two names. Jean-Claude is his first name (I know, it sounds stupid until you realize that no one calls him Jean - it's always Jean-Claude) and his middle names are Camille and Francois. I swear, he has more names than my Spanish cousins who cling to their faded aristocracy - but only goes by J-C. And Van Damme is a surname.

Of course I could also just say that JCvD sucks and put an end to all the hair-splitting
smile.gif

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're extending this to designers, then I will add some directors: Francis Ford Coppola, Wong Kar Wai.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads