• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
To all the folks at the Holiday party, did ******** appear freakisly large, or do you think Chronoaug enjoyed it?

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think my feet look that huge, but I was delivering last night in those shoes wearing jeans with the same size opening and this guy was like, "Holy cow you have huge feet! What size do you wear..." Just was curious as to the consensus.

I just remembered, someone at the Holiday Party said something like, "Dude, your feet are like double the size of your body!"

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sh0ebox
Can anyone who owns a size 30 and/or 32 Sterlingwear Classic Pea Coat give me some chest/shoulder measurements?

My chest measures 34" inhaled and I want to make sure that I get the right size so that I can achieve a slim fit and be able to wear something such as a sweater underneath without feeling too constricted. But I don't want it to be baggy at all, either. Thanks

anybody?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
What's the first-time code for Revolve, and will it work on sale items?

Email/call Revolve CS after you place an order, they'll apply the code manually.

At the moment, you're better off using code HOLIDAY08 for 33% tho. And yes, their coupons work on sale items, with some exceptions (Nudie, CP, among others)

Originally Posted by Halcyon
cap toe shoes + jeans = do not want?

For balmorals (closed-lacing shoes), yes. Some bluchers (Paul Smith) or boots (Alden, Kahtadin) look alright. I think.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
At the moment, you're better off using code HOLIDAY08 for 33% tho. And yes, their coupons work on sale items, with some exceptions (Nudie, CP, among others)
Yeah....I ended up using that one. I didn't feel like going to the bother of calling them. It was 25% though, not 33%. Got some Bob Cousy hi-tops for $30. Also some Filippa K trousers.

8bpc

Reaction score
What is the stitching and fabric quality of Endovanera pieces? How do they fit? What size in their coats or jackets would you suggest for a 37" chest? Thanks

changed

Reaction score
I just received a pair of Chippewa Iron Works engineer boots for christmas, and I'm wondering what I should treat them with? I plan on wearing them everywhere (including in the upstate NY snow), so I'm thinking I will need a waterproofer. Is there anything else I'll need to put on them? edit: here they are
104ereb.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^
http://www.obenaufs.com/
or some sort of leather care oil or beeswax from a local leather, tannery, crafts store should work.

8173.jpg

or

875.jpg

i need snowwear so i'm not sure about the suede, but i like the color better.

constantine.

Reaction score
i need help with Wings + Horns sizing on jackets.

i wear a small in most brands. medium in band of outsiders. my chest measures 35.5

should i go for a small or medium? i know nothing about this brand and sizing. thanks.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Small.

25197_1.jpg

Did these CP's ever come in a low top ? If so, where does one "kop" ?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
^
http://www.obenaufs.com/
or some sort of leather care oil or beeswax from a local leather, tannery, crafts store should work.

http://www.bakershoe.com/images/redwing/8173.jpg

or

http://www.redwingshoes.com/images/boots/large/875.jpg

i need snowwear so i'm not sure about the suede, but i like the color better.

I like the color of the first ones better as well. Try spraying a few coats of suede protector on them once every few months if you're afraid of snow/water damage.

Originally Posted by constantine.
i need help with Wings + Horns sizing on jackets.

i wear a small in most brands. medium in band of outsiders. my chest measures 35.5

should i go for a small or medium? i know nothing about this brand and sizing. thanks.

Small.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I need a chunky/thick slim fitting sweater, dark color, pref cashmere, on sale, what do you guys got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads