• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Billy Reid's collection...

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why, do you live Charlotte? I ask, because that's where I live.
smile.gif

SirLurksAlot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Anyone have their boots yet?

I received my Logging Boots this weekend and I'm quite pleased with the fit and quality. I ordered a size 9 which is the same size I wear in Red Wing 875's. In general I would say the boots run a little longer and narrower then average but not by a full half size. I hope that helps.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Charlotte last Saturday, and decided that since I was near Southpark I'd go and check out the Billy Reid there. First off, the store itself, the layout, the atmosphere, all fantastic. Very Southern gentleman. Some of the employees and customers were drinking wine, and they offered me a glass when I came in. I went first for the shoes, because I too had my eyes on the logging boots -- unfortunately, they didn't have 10D available. (They do have a 9.5D, if anyone's interested.) Their Heirloom collection in the back of the store is very nice. All really nice fabrics, and it seemed like all of it was made in Italy. The shirts had MOP buttons, split yokes, and side gussets. I did notice that the blazers and jackets had unfinished sleeves, and when i commented to one of the employees, Jessica, that this meant I could have surgeon's cuffs put in, she about flipped her ****.
lol8[1].gif
The biggest criticism that I had with the Heirloom stuff is the size range. 38R for suits and jackets is their smallest; I'm a 36R. I'm normally a 15 in shirts (with tailoring in the body), but their 15's felt just a tad too loose in the collar. Jessica said that Billy Reid himself comes by the Charlotte store twice a year, in the spring and in the fall, to do MTM. This really piqued my interest, as there was this brown moleskin blazer I really liked. Their mainline stuff is good. Some of it was made in Italy, some in Turkey. I'd say the dress shirts are somewhere between PRL and RLBL (I had just come from the Ralph Lauren store across the way) in terms of quality. These also had MOP buttons and split yokes. While the Heirloom shirts are marked by neck size, these shirts are marked S, M, L. I tried on a S in the Orleans and Tuscumbia fits. Orleans seemed very trad, like BB mainline. Tuscumbia was the slimmest fitting. In fact, Tuscumbia in S fit me better in the neck and shoulders than the Heirloom in 15; it still seems meant for someone with a 38R chest. I realized after I left that I spent zero time looking at the casual stuff or the denim. Damnit. I'll probably go back in a week or two after the holidays to do just that. A nice store and a nice brand. If it fits your style, and if it fits, definitely look into them.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
I was in Charlotte last Saturday, and decided that since I was near Southpark I'd go and check out the Billy Reid there. First off, the store itself, the layout, the atmosphere, all fantastic. Very Southern gentleman. Some of the employees and customers were drinking wine, and they offered me a glass when I came in.

You should've got the bourbon.
smile.gif

Jessica said that Billy Reid himself comes by the Charlotte store twice a year, in the spring and in the fall, to do MTM. This really piqued my interest, as there was this brown moleskin blazer I really liked.
I missed him last spring. I have that blazer by the way. It's amazing.
smile.gif

I'd say the dress shirts are somewhere between PRL and RLBL (I had just come from the Ralph Lauren store across the way) in terms of quality.
There's a reason I get almost all my shirts from there. The quality of the fabrics is amazing for the pricepoint -- it's beyond PRL by a mile. I'd say it's on par with RLBL/BoO, but I like some of the pinpoint oxfords more than both brands.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
You should've got the bourbon.
smile.gif

Hah! I would have preferred the bourbon, actually, but they already had the vino out, and I wasn't going to tell the SA "No". :p

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boots came, they're a little big. If I was to compare it sizing wise to another pair of footwear, I'd say they run like Chucks.
bootz.jpg
bootz2.jpg
bootz3.jpg
bootz4.jpg
bootz5.jpg
bootz6.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, how warm would you say they are?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1.
Great pics too.
Is that insole removeable?

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
their look ok, i mean whatever. hopefully you dont fold up the ends with those atrocious shoes like the male models on their site.

now that i think about it, those clothes really aren't my style. they look like something out of, "barry lyndon," those models look like their about to go horseback riding or play rochet at their country club-no thank you.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
their look ok, i mean whatever. hopefully you dont fold up the ends with those atrocious shoes like the male models on their site.

now that i think about it, those clothes really aren't my style. they look like something out of, "barry lyndon," those models look like their about to go horseback riding or play rochet at their country club-no thank you.

I always thought it was more like having a glass of bourbon after quail hunting out back past the tobacco fields.
smile.gif

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like they don't make size 7 -__- most of the time any boot i'm size 7 maybe 7 1/2.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Looks nice, how warm would you say they are?
Honestly I don't find many boots to be very warm unless they have shearling lining or something. But these do the job for me. I actually wore them today(31 degrees out) and my toes were fine.
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
+1. Great pics too. Is that insole removeable?
Doesn't feel like it. Maybe? I don't know, I don't wanna try if they're glued.
Originally Posted by why
I always thought it was more like having a glass of bourbon after quail hunting out back past the tobacco fields.
smile.gif

+1, that's more like it. But anyway, since they were a little big for me, I brought it to the Billy Reid boutique here in NYC and Jeremy exchanged them for me for a smaller size with no problems. Dude is really cool along with the SA's there whom I chit-chatted with. He said that because of the holidays, there's actually a 14 day return/exchange as long as the items are not worn. The interiors are super dope, one thing that immediately stood out was that it smelled like apple cider inside. I would have stayed longer to fully check out the place but was in a hurry to get somewhere. I'll definitely head back some time to check out the rest of the stuff and because of the great customer service.
smile.gif
P.S.: I've said this before but If you're going to order them, order your Chuck Taylor size.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Doesn't feel like it. Maybe? I don't know, I don't wanna try if they're glued.

If its glued its not supposed to be removed.
I wouldn't try either.
Ty.

KenN

Reaction score
Arg, I got all hyped up from reading about these logging boots, just to find out that they don't ship to Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads