• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont remember seeing those, where's the pic from?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnathan
3db2_1.JPG

UNIQLO houndstooth hoodie

I absolutely love Uniqlo's sweaters, but I find their hoodies to be kind of meh. Something about the fit and fabric is a bit too Old Navy-ish.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't see that exact pair while I was there, I wasn't paying that much attention to the shoes anyway though. The picture is from eBay, the seller seems legit. Is there really that much danger of fake MMM?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
barneys didnt get that this past fall, i think they were supposed to be around 8 bills and they're not bad actually look like the ann d's

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look pretty nice here

pop-ah8-22h-03.jpg

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Ann D, I actually was also considering these:
cee4_35.JPG

Sigh... if only the person who bought those Cloaks were willing to sell.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
415HxAG0G0L._AA280_.jpg

I've already got a pair in shell cordovan, and they are my favorite shoes on Earth. I've been really tempted to pick them up in black calf as well. The Allen Edmonds shop in midtown Manhattan has them at 15% off.

But the shell look so goddamn nice! I'm just having a hard time thinking about when I would ever wear these black ones over them.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Speaking of Ann D, I actually was also considering these:
cee4_35.JPG

Sigh... if only the person who bought those Cloaks were willing to sell.

My dad loves his.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Shoes Mojave in Moss, $160 at Piperline. Or a bill at overstock.com, but with burnished toe and heel, which might look funny (overstock pictures being crap, of course)

pl607493-00p01v01.jpg

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
J Shoes Mojave in Moss, $160 at Piperline. Or a bill at overstock.com, but with burnished toe and heel, which might look funny (overstock pictures being crap, of course)

pl607493-00p01v01.jpg

those would look nice with blue jeans if you had a jacket that. that would also look good if your into the "army" look, since the colors match up

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
415HxAG0G0L._AA280_.jpg

I've already got a pair in shell cordovan, and they are my favorite shoes on Earth. I've been really tempted to pick them up in black calf as well. The Allen Edmonds shop in midtown Manhattan has them at 15% off.

But the shell look so goddamn nice! I'm just having a hard time thinking about when I would ever wear these black ones over them.

15% off is nothing special for AE, especially calf models. I'm sure you can get a pair at a much better price from eBay with some patience.

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I absolutely love Uniqlo's sweaters, but I find their hoodies to be kind of meh. Something about the fit and fabric is a bit too Old Navy-ish.

i disagree. you can spot old navy quality miles away, that does not look like old navy quality. i think your gripe may be with hoodies in general, since old navy was famous for them. but just cause it's the same type of item doesn't make it the same thing. looks like a nice hoodie!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
Your dad wears Ann D? That is incredibly badass.

He just buys what he wants. He was at Barneys and wanted some boots and I know he picked up some from AD. I think the ones posted are current season and sound like what he described.
He mainly wears Cloak, Dior Homme and YSL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads