• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer trying on new socks!!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I had seen everything. I was in Marshalls (Carmel Indiana store) last week and noticed a guy trying on socks. He would try on a sock and then return that pair back to the rack/package. Before leaving the area, I saw him repeated this 3 or 4 times. When I told a SA, he just laughed. This should have been a Board of Health violation?

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should have to wear socks to try on socks.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
This what happens when stores do not accept returns....a trend for most things these days.
eh.gif

Originally Posted by mr monty
I thought I had seen everything. I was in Marshalls (Carmel Indiana store) last week and noticed a guy trying on socks. He would try on a sock and then return that pair back to the rack/package. Before leaving the area, I saw him repeated this 3 or 4 times. When I told a SA, he just laughed. This should have been a Board of Health violation?

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's not worse than the HOT lady I saw the other day trying and returning pantyhose. I saw her repeating this at least 5-6 times.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
That's not worse than the HOT lady I saw the other day trying and returning pantyhose. I saw her repeating this at least 5-6 times.

I would buy her stuff so i can see her try it on......

Regards.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I don't see why trying on socks is any more disgusting than someone trying on any other garment. Idk about you but someone's knees rubbing the inside of pants is just as gross as someone's feet to me.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some stores allow customers to try on swimwear sans underwear.

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
Permission to say "EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW" requested.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really baffling, considering that most socks (at least at a place like Marshall's) are intended to be "one size fits all."

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Even more baffling is that you would buy something and not wash it before you wore it. Have you ever had a girlfriend? Notice their paranoia with not washing something before they wear it? It's because they're girls and they know girls do super gross stuff before buying something.

Now imagine what a man would do b/c their about 3x more uncouth.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldve given him a look of contempt along with a loud childish ewwwww!

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
I don't see why trying on socks is any more disgusting than someone trying on any other garment. Idk about you but someone's knees rubbing the inside of pants is just as gross as someone's feet to me.

Yeah, see when you're marsupialed you don't see the difference between knees and feet.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
He's probably the same guy who doesn't wipe the gym equipment after using it.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
I was in Marshalls last week and noticed a guy trying on socks. He would try on a sock and then return that pair back to the rack/package. When I told a SA, he just laughed. This should have been a Board of Health violation?
So I'm guessing that when you woke up this morning you checked your complaint book, found it empty, scratched your head for a long, long time, then came up with this?​

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
that is pretty raunchy, esp. since some customers can have different types of fungus and other skin conditions. my cousin is like this, sometimes him and his mom will trade socks in the middle of the day. then he keeps coming in the doctor for skin problems. go figure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads