• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style guys- what do you think of this A-2 leather jacket?

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Just got it from US Wings. It's not a fashion "namebrand" but it's an American made military brand and I'm almost sure it's higher quality than anything I could find in the mall.

I just wanted a bomber jacket...Just curious how it fits into fashion.

JacketAsmall.jpg

JacketBsmall.jpg

JacketDsmall.jpg

Jacket6.jpg

JacketFsmall.jpg

JacketC.jpg

Jacket4.jpg

I hope it gives me more confidence

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it warm?

How would you feel wearing it while on a raid over the Ruhr industrial complex in 1944?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a classic jacket and could look good on you, but NOT with what you are wearing in that picture.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Isn't it an Indy-Jacket? So everything Mr. Jones wears should work. Chinos, Aldens , a whip etc.

And yes, that tie is horrible, no matter if it's x-mas or not.

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
i think that jacket would look better with jeans. that doesn't strike me as a "bomber" jacket, it looks more like a "black leather jacket" like what the fonze wore. now this is a bomber jacket http://estore.websitepros.com/stores...G1TGANTfrt.jpg

Thats a G-1
Mine is a dark brown A-2.. both are the two classic bomber jacket styles for the most part.

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schnurretiger
Isn't it an Indy-Jacket? So everything Mr. Jones wears should work. Chinos, Aldens , a whip etc.

And yes, that tie is horrible, no matter if it's x-mas or not.

Lol I'd hate to be so fashion-worried. I'll wear the goofiest stuff.. these ties were a buck each and sing songs! Like old ringtones on a cellphone kinda sing. Fun stuff

It's not an Indy jacket but was the main influence. Glad people would think of it as an Indy jacket though

Oh I usually wear jeans too..

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Worst case scenario:

Originally Posted by blueoakleyz
I'll wear the goofiest stuff.. my undies were a buck each and sing songs! Like old ringtones on a cellphone kinda sing. Fun stuff

lol8[1].gif

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
they have pregnancy tests at the dollar store... so... ya..;

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz
Thats a G-1 Mine is a dark brown A-2.. both are the two classic bomber jacket styles for the most part.
it's a nice jacket. i bet they would look better with blue jeans and a matching belt/shoes, as opposed to slacks. can you verify the color for me. cause from here they seem like a dark brown, but

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
it's a nice jacket. i bet they would look better with blue jeans and a matching belt/shoes, as opposed to slacks. can you verify the color for me. cause from here they seem like a dark brown, but

Yeah just ignore the pants lol.. they're just some khaki cargo pants I was wearing.

Leather jacket is only step 1 in the fashion improvement plan

pk977

Reaction score
Any more A-2 leather jacket in other brand or imported with high quality

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads