• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

Seanallen

Reaction score
Leftover steak for breakfast with a cup of black coffee out of a 1970's superbowl mug.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday I spent half-an-hour sanding the rust off my great-grandfather's axe. Still have more sanding, then a new handle - may make my own and replicate the original beveled handle. Then I'll sharpen the ****** until it shaves.

Today I ran four miles in the early-morning darkness and 32 degree winds - sweatshirt and running shorts.

Then I shaved with a straight razor (like I do every morning) and cut myself in the exact same spot on the chin where I got myself yesterday. Bled a little bit but not too badly. No I don't use the styptic pencil, that's not manly.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ms244
I tried a new, lower heat method for cooking a steak.

Fantastic! All my steaks will be cooked this way from now on! (and I have eight in the fridge for Xmas dinner)

bounce2.gif

Is it the same method described in the "How To Cook A Thick Steak" thread on eGullet? I've heard that's a very good way to cook it.
Originally Posted by Thomas
Today I ran four miles in the early-morning darkness and 32 degree winds - sweatshirt and running shorts.
I just did the same, except mine was about 30 degrees different from you (srsly). I don't know if that gets me manly points or just stupid points.

dexterhaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seanallen
Leftover steak for breakfast with a cup of black coffee out of a 1970's superbowl mug.

Nice. I took out the garbage like 3 times today. That's all I got.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I did muay thai today, and I think my instructor was more tired than I was. Thus, I was adored by the (underaged) ladies (lady) while working out. Also, someone asked me if he could have my chest.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I did muay thai today, and I think my instructor was more tired than I was. Thus, I was adored by the (underaged) ladies (lady) while working out. Also, someone asked me if he could have my chest.
Creepy. Can i have your skin? I'm making a dress...

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
I drove my American made V-8 SUV too fast for road conditions (Snow Storm). I also cursed stupid foreign car drivers who didnt get out of my way.

I drove my stupid foreign car faster than the idiots who think they can drive American made SUVs in a raging ice storm to go kill deer. Deer hunting sucked and I was pissed and those dumb SUV drivers were getting in my way again on the way home. I contemplated acts of senseless road rage but refrained since SUVs are a waste of good ammo. Anyway I figured my good friend Mother Nature would take care of them and they would make the local news when they crashed and burned. Plenty of them did. I was happy again.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went Pheasant hunting in southern PA with my father and we killed like 15 birds and then bathed in their blood.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seanallen

What in the god damn motherfucking **** is a LEFTOVER STEAK???

K

chiral

Reaction score
Offloaded equipment from a ship on an open pier with winds at 30 knots and temperature below 10 degrees.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed a couple diapers and gave some formula using a mix of cups and syringes.

Seanallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450

K

No **** right? ask that ***** I call my dad

ms244

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Is it the same method described in the "How To Cook A Thick Steak" thread on eGullet? I've heard that's a very good way to cook it.

I just did the same, except mine was about 30 degrees different from you (srsly). I don't know if that gets me manly points or just stupid points.

Yes, it is
smile.gif

Here is a link for anyone interested:
http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=119838

I had a costco steak I had previously frozen. Let it come up to room temperature and gave about 8 mins per side starting with the strip of fat. The last side came out not so crispy, the steak had curved a little.

Otherwise, just a tinge of gray on the top and all cooked but uniformly pink through out. Perfect.

It took a little over 45 mins from conception to eating
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by VKK3450

K

I think its in the same category as left over bacon.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would have thought most responses to this thread would have focused on jacking off.

Apparently, none of you do that.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads