• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bure
Can anyone identify these shoes, or the type or shoe?

rittenhouse.jpg

Thanks!

those look a lot like something you would find at The Walking Company. Believe me, they sell shoes that look extremely identical to those.

854ca

Reaction score
Back in Chicago for winter break and looking to get a nice pair of boots for this winter--looking to spend up to 200 bucks. Anyone know of any good shops in the Bucktown/Wicker Park (Milwaukee Ave.) area?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
pLEVI1-5038905t330x400.jpg

I know these will fit well, do you think I could get them to fade to more of a khaki if I hotwashed or used a little bit of bleach? They've stopped making the 511 twills, and they don't seem to turn up on ebay much.

robbie

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Can anyone recommend a decent pair of wool trousers that can be had for under $100? Needs to be available in a 28 or 29 waist.

Incotex from eBay.

Or perhaps Zanella, but make sure to ask for measurements before bidding.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with Unis? if so what is the style, quality, and fit like? Alot of the stuff from their lookbooks on the site looks nice but it is hard to tell without seeing it in person...

GahDuma

Reaction score
I know I'm going to get **** for this but I really like how Abercrombie polos fit. I can get them at a discount and the material is nice and thick. I got some AA polos and although they fit fine they're kind of thin.

What other brands of polo shirts are there that are of reasonable quality and a good price point? All I know is Lacoste or Polo RL polos.

aaguirre

Reaction score
what color belt should i wear with my white chuck varvatos?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on these boots? I've been looking for a good pair of casual boots for some time but not sure about the tops on these. Any feedback is appreciated
smile.gif
e80c_1.JPG

854ca

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GahDuma
I know I'm going to get **** for this but I really like how Abercrombie polos fit. I can get them at a discount and the material is nice and thick. I got some AA polos and although they fit fine they're kind of thin.

What other brands of polo shirts are there that are of reasonable quality and a good price point? All I know is Lacoste or Polo RL polos.

i'd check out the jcrew tailored fit ones--they fit better than the ralph lauren ones in my opinion.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rioni, If you'd be wearing pants over the boots, go for them. If the tops are going to visible, I'd hold off.

Anyway, I hear a lot of talk on WAYWT about certain guys having a good/bad build for henleys. What sorts of builds work best with crewnecks/v-necks/henleys/etc.?

jmem

Reaction score
Im looking for a place in NYC to get the crotch in my jeans reinforced. Any suggestions?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
rioni, If you'd be wearing pants over the boots, go for them. If the tops are going to visible, I'd hold off.

Anyway, I hear a lot of talk on WAYWT about certain guys having a good/bad build for henleys. What sorts of builds work best with crewnecks/v-necks/henleys/etc.?

rioni, those boots look pretty badass and I really don't think there'd be much point to them unless you wore them with pants tucked in. If you were to cover up the details then there's probably other options out there that won't give your pants an impression of 2 buckles and straps underneath.

about henleys and pretty much all clothes in general, shouldn't you just be fit without looking like a body-builder? keep your chest size larger than your waist size and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads