• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best way to lose weight from my face specifically?

stylemeup

Reaction score
What is the best way to lose weight from my face specifically?

I'm 29, 5'9 and I weigh about 170 - 175 lbs. I am ok with my weight everywhere else on me, but I'm not ok with the weight of my face specifically. Over the years it gradually got fatter and fatter and now my face look huge and pudgy, which I find to be totally unacceptable.

What is the best thing I can do to lose weight from my face specifically?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylemeup
What is the best way to lose weight from my face specifically?

I'm 29, 5'9 and I weigh about 170 - 175 lbs. I am ok with my weight everywhere else on me, but I'm not ok with the weight of my face specifically. Over the years it gradually got fatter and fatter and now my face look huge and pudgy, which I find to be totally unacceptable.

What is the best thing I can do to lose weight from my face specifically?

Do a search. What you are asking is impossible. Your weight at your height is a problem, and I doubt all that fat that you have is in your face. You need to lose about 30 pounds. Read one of the 3 trillion weight loss threads here.

stylemeup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
You need to lose about 30 pounds.

Isn't that the type of weight a woman should be at at that height and not a man?

I doubt all that fat that you have is in your face.

That's true, I'm a little bit fat all over...but the rest of it looks alright, especially when I have clothes on. It's my pudgy face that is the only part that looks bad IMO, therefore it's the only part I really care a great deal about losing weight on.

When I put in my BMI info on sites like this it tells me I'm pretty much alright, doesn't it?

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I just put my numbers in and got 25.1 as my BMI according to that, which is just a smidgen above normal weight according to their scale. So how come I have to lose 30 pounds then? I'm not saying you are wrong, maybe I am just not understanding the info because I'm ignorant about these things.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the type of weight a woman should be at at that height and not a man?

That's true, I'm a little bit fat all over...but the rest of it looks alright, especially when I have clothes on. It's my pudgy face that is the only part that looks bad IMO, therefore it's the only part I really care a great deal about losing weight on.

Male models at 6'2-'6'3 are 155-160 and ripped. At 5'9 you should probably be at 140. A girl who is 140 is quite fat and needs to get on a treadmill. A girl at 5'9 needs to be around 120. I'm 215 at 6'5 and I look fairly lean.

It will be hard but the benefits for your health are great, and you'll feel a lot better about yourself. Just work at it and I guarantee you won't regret it.

lizmasc

Reaction score
You cannot lose weight from any specific area of your body. When you lose weight, your body loses it as deems it fit, progressively throughout the body. I recommend just having a general healthy lifestyle and not get too obsessed with male models this female models that. Anorexy can be the result of an innocent start. Pff, and you don't want to look like that, it's just distasteful and unhealthy.

Add more low glycemic foods into your diet, like wheat, whole bread, fruit and the likes and ditch sugar shitties like soda, cokes, chips, etc etc. That will give you a good start. And going to bed earlier and getting up earlier also helps (it has much more of a technical side behind this but take my word on it)
teacha.gif
smiley2.gif

Andrewc2232

Reaction score
I'd disagree slightly with some of those numbers. I'm 6'4 and weigh 210. I could probably stand to lose about 15 more lbs. I'm dating someone 5'4 who every now and then breaks 100 lbs. She is way too thin.

Add about 10 pounds to both of your figures for females. I know a girl who is 5'9 and weighs about 135--she's a size 2 and is actually supermodel thin. I know a girl about 5'6 who weighs 140, and she is not overweight in the slightest. Women tend to lie so much about their weight that it's hard to say exactly what is a normal range and what isn't. It also depends heavily on how athletic a person is.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Male models at 6'2-'6'3 are 155-160 and ripped. At 5'9 you should probably be at 140. A girl who is 140 is quite fat and needs to get on a treadmill. A girl at 5'9 needs to be around 120. I'm 215 at 6'5 and I look fairly lean.

It will be hard but the benefits for your health are great, and you'll feel a lot better about yourself. Just work at it and I guarantee you won't regret it.

140 is probably pretty low and the health benefits for getting that low wont really be increased, however getting at least below 160 and continuing to workout would be beneficial in terms of health and would probably help with that face fat. If you get that low and you still have face fat, then lose some more weight.

People often think lower is better but the evidence for that isn't there after your well within a healthy range and it's not really worth it health wise unless your interested it in cosmetically.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, well this is truly what I'd say to you. You should probably get rid of as much fat as you can, and add about 10lbs of lean mass. At your height, 150 is probably ideal.

I have never seen a guy who didn't look pudgy at 140. If she is 140 in her twenties by the time she's 40 she'll be wearing mom jeans and those tops that show her spare tire. Gross.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say its genetic - how fast fat comes off specific body parts isn't something that you can contol - but the less fat in total, the less on your face.

stylemeup

Reaction score
Could I in theory have a doctor stick some liposuction equipment into my chin or something and have him suck that fat out of my face specifically, with that?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could I in theory have a doctor stick some liposuction equipment into my chin or something and have him suck that fat out of my face specifically, with that?

probably, but it would be healthier and cheaper if you lost it on your own.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try a small turkey baster.

Hold your chin over a heat source first so you melt/soften the fat a little first. Be careful your burn yourself though.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You ever seen pix of bad lipo on someone's abs, stomach, thigh or butt?

If not, check this sad pic of Tara Reid:

You want that on your face?

Exercise more and change your diet. But leave the needle and the knife alone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads