• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atlanta Shopping

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TintinATL
Sid Mashburn Sid Mashburn Sid Mashburn Sid Mashburn Sid Mashburn Sid Mashburn (www.sidmashburn.com)
I don't work there, nor do I own stock :) but I love that store! It's not near the big malls but worth the trip.

The Ralph Lauren store at Lenox Square is also excellent - two floors. Ask for Freddy, he gives good advice and also has great personal style.

At the bargain end, there is a Filene's Basement across from Phipps Plaza (the mall where Saks is located).

So, should I visit Sid Mashburn? Just kidding! Thanks for the suggestion. We don't have Filene's out here so I may stop and check this one out as well.

It has been 5 years since I've been to Atlanta. I seem to recall that the Saks and Neiman's had a very nice and different mix than their counterparts in San Francisco.

TintinATL

Reaction score
Now it's my turn to ask a question on the same topic: what is Sebastian's like, what do they carry? (On Peachtree just south of Piedmont - used to be Sebastian's Closet, but has recently re-opened.) I have passed it a thousand times, but never stopped in...

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now it's my turn to ask a question on the same topic: what is Sebastian's like, what do they carry? (On Peachtree just south of Piedmont - used to be Sebastian's Closet, but has recently re-opened.) I have passed it a thousand times, but never stopped in...

Never been, sorry..

athletics

Reaction score

Sebastian's just redid their store and have some good stuff. Certainly stop by and look at some of their Dunhill stuff...that is on your way to Sid Mashburn. Sid's is really the best spot in town.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fyi, just heard today that saks in buckhead will be perm closing :/

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni

The one in Phipps?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes

LAAAAAAAAAME!

Although I don't think that changes anything.

Maybe some sales are coming up then?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when are they closing and who did you hear that from?

i will be in atl after x-mas. do they actually have any good stuff at that saks?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
when are they closing and who did you hear that from?

i will be in atl after x-mas. do they actually have any good stuff at that saks?

Had $4,000 Oxxford suits for $1,000 today..

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just called them and they said they are not closing...
confused.gif

athletics

Reaction score
Have we decided for sure if the Saks is closing or staying open?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Just called them and they said they are not closing...
confused.gif

Like they are going to tell you
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads