• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Tom Ford report poll.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, what will the answer be from our friend AvariceBespoke when he returns from Ford?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think they'll admit anything is wrong, but will give him his money back so that he's satisfied.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thought was: He goes back in, they act very accommodating, "Lets us have a chance to take care of this for you sir", they make changes, it looks better but not perfect, they tell him how great he looks, he walks out feeling better. He posts new pics on SF and members say "take it back".

I hope, however, that he takes it back and gets his money back without having to go through this.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I don't think they'll admit anything is wrong, but will give him his money back so that he's satisfied.

I have no clue on their store policy, but my guess is he gets store credit.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Even though I'm mobile, I am writing to reassure everyone that I am monitoring events closely, and if necessary, I will use my Senior Member status to cast a tie-breaking ballot.

Godspeed.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
#2 is the correct answer, but incomplete. They will take the coat and maybe do something, maybe not. In either case, it will come back looking much the same, but they will pronounce it "fixed."

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Even though I'm mobile, I am writing to reassure everyone that I am monitoring events closely, and if necessary, I will use my Senior Member status to cast a tie-breaking ballot.

Godspeed.

- B

Haha nice.
thumbs-up.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
#2 is the correct answer, but incomplete. They will take the coat and maybe do something, maybe not. In either case, it will come back looking much the same, but they will pronounce it "fixed."
Yes, that is what I meant. I did not mean to imply that it would be fixed, just that they will be convincing in saying they are with master tailor, and he can fix anything.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
Haha nice.
thumbs-up.gif

These are troubled times, my fake, imaginary friends, and troubled times call for troubled people.

And my friends, we have such people at the ready here in a little corner of the fake world called simply: StyleForvm.

Love, B

Kei-bon

Reaction score
The suspense!

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted #2, but I'd like to cast a vote for a 4th option:

AB got to within eyesight of TF and chickened out and didn't go in.

It's after 6 pm NYC time and we have yet to hear a peep. For the past week, 5 minutes did not go by with that thread being updated. And today's the big day and yet we hear nothing.

Perhaps AB is just the best sock puppet of all time and is f***ing with teh forvm in the grandest fashion.

Kei-bon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
AB got to within eyesight of TF and chickened out and didn't go in.
... but i thought a whole posse was headed over there?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will pay to have people mistake him for Daniel Craig when he walks out of the dressing room and he will fall in love with the suit.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
They will pay to have people mistake him for Daniel Craig when he walks out of the dressing room and he will fall in love with the suit.
They will have Tom Ford walk into the room and he will "mistakenly" call Avarice 'Daniel Craig'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads