• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New South Beach?

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in the early 90's I started visiting south Miami Beach. At the time, you could get a hotel room on Ocean Drive for $45. The only people down there were 80 year old retirees and 20 something's doing the modeling scene. Shoots from Vogue, Elle, etc. were going on on the beach every morning. Versace had breakfast at the news cafe... people were interesting.

Most importantly, all of the women were european bikini models who preferred to go topless on the beach to keep tan lines at a minimum.

It was paradise.

Word got out and the place is much different than it was even 10 years ago. MTV did their "Spring Break" - and now the place is crawling with drunks every spring.

So I am searching for "Paradise Lost"... wondering where such a stylish, interesting place is now.

Any leads greatly appreciated...

Lucky7

Reaction score
I still go to Miami for a long weekend twice a year, however I just go for the sun, good food, and some shopping. I stay clear of the clubs infested with fist pumping guidos. As far as a "new south beach" I really don't know of much in the U.S. I can tell you that in my travels to Italy and Greece have been wonderful, however the $ is going to be up there.

mmhollis

Reaction score
I know your looking in the US, but may I add another destination abroad of a severely underrated place. Cape Town, South Africa! All the European models are there.
wink.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis
Cape Town, South Africa! All the European models are there.
wink.gif

no they aren't.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis
my ex is one and its a treasure trove of EU models and actresses!

no it isn't, not anymore than Azure, st. trope, cannes, monte carlo, dubrovnik, or the 10 million other places which aren't as disgustingly infested with poverty and on the brink of a bloodthirsty civil war.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads