• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hoodie + Polo combinations?

Adam0007

Reaction score
Since you guys seem to attack a thread just because of a brand, I'll make the thread more generic. Polo's layered under zip up or pull-over hoodies: Can they work? Post examples of where you've seen them done well.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where's that Michael Jackson gif where he's eating popcorn at?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll have to just use the smileys.
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well personally I think It can be done right, but I don't really foresee that happening in this case. I think you need to blank hoodies that are more fitted.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you are:
Jackson_popcorn.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit just use the smileys!

lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is quickly becoming a boring thread. Why, where are your insults when we actually want them?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge American Eagle fan.

I like to pop the collar and put the hood on too. Then I raise my chin and pout.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably a better forum for you. I'm serious too.

Adam0007

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check it out. I obviously don't only dress ^ that way but the majority of dressing up combinations I'm seeing aren't that hard to figure out. I was aware that this could be a failure - that's why I posted it. Thanks for the link - as for the rest of you, I guess it's funny to troll like that, but it's not the best way to bring in new members.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, from all the mall brands; American Eagle isn't all that bad. I used to own a polo from them and the quality was fairly decent -- minimal branding as well. Oh and about this:

Originally Posted by Adam0007
Thanks, I'll check it out. I obviously don't only dress ^ that way but the majority of dressing up combinations I'm seeing aren't that hard to figure out. I was aware that this could be a failure - that's why I posted it. Thanks for the link - as for the rest of you, I guess it's funny to troll like that, but it's not the best way to bring in new members.

laugh.gif

ashenwreck

Reaction score
I'm not really going to hate on you for wanting to try something different, Adam0007, but I don't think that sweatshirt fits you nearly as well as you think it does. It's way too bulky for you.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The American Eagle branding was so thick I tried to feel it through my monitor.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Adam0007
To answer your question, uhm, it probably is better to ask on Topic Style. A hoodie and polo is a fairly generic combination that could look completely different since there are so many variations on hoodies and polos between brands. It's like asking if you can wear a button up shirt underneath a jacket. Since you seem to mostly dress around mall brands it would make sense to ask on a forum that is closer to your look and deals with those specific brands (AE sweatshirt).
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Honestly, from all the mall brands; American Eagle isn't all that bad. I used to own a polo from them and the quality was fairly decent -- minimal branding as well.
I was never one to have this snobbish attitude of mall brands literally falling apart on me but after a couple years of moderate wear my polo from there is literally falling apart. I'm talking so many holes that the tag is almost gone, missing buttons (not fallen off, I mean it just tore right through the fabric), and the materials are just getting worse with time.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't say much considering I had the polo for about 3 months before giving it away. Oh, well. I still see it as:

AE > AF, Hollister, and Navy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads