• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Barneys in SF at lunch. Paul Smith suits under 400, Prada for around 550, that shiny Raf suit that SoCal has is 399 (I tried it on, looks better on him). I bought a Balenciaga suit too for 83% off.

BoO shirts were under 100 bones and the suits were like 600. It was insane that they did a 3rd markdown before Xmas. Lots of Thom Brown and Ann D and Dolce.

Most everything in the non-CoOp/tailored section was 75-80%

I was there at 12:30, left at 1:15 and it was close to being picked clean by then.

I left feeling bummed that we basically have no economy left, but at least I look good in a bread line.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Resolution for 2009: Hold off on buying crap until the big winter sales. I saw a lot of nice stuff for really good prices at Barney's, but decided I've already spent way too much this year.

Settled for two ties -- one Dior, one Dries -- for $78 total.

mr bunbury

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akaidiot
The News sale I posted about above is stocked with a ton of Woolrich Woolen Mills. Shirts are around $70-90, outerwear around $160-290 (at least the stuff I looked at).

Two racked of Band of Outsiders. Shirts are $75, I checked out a blazer for $600. Some of the shirts are odd colors (neon green and the like), but I got a nice pink oxford. A lot of XL, but I saw some Smalls and Mediums in there.

Anyone want to proxy for this? I would love to pick up some slip-ons and solid-colored BoO shirts in XL.

Ispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
I left feeling bummed that we basically have no economy left, but at least I look good in a bread line.

Hope you don't mind, but that's going in my sig for a while.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrjosh
Anyone want to proxy for this? I would love to pick up some slip-ons and solid-colored BoO shirts in XL.
Call the SF store, they had quite a few BoO in XL, ask for Will, he may be able to help you.

Originally Posted by Ispy
Hope you don't mind, but that's going in my sig for a while.

Pithy quotes want to be free, it's all yours.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys -- Barneys at 75% off. Anyone know how this applies to women's? What kind of stuff? I'm going up there after work; I figure the snow will keep a lot of people away but I don't mind dealing with it if it allows me to avoid the Saturday crowd. I'm thinking about just shopping from 7ish until 9 at Barneys and Saks and trying to survive the day.

flyindarkness

Reaction score
went to paul smith @ LA yesterday, wasn't sure what was on sale actually... everything looked like regular price, but they had a big "sale" sign on the door.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Additional 20% off $150+ J Crew online only today only. Code=MERRY

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyindarkness
went to paul smith @ LA yesterday, wasn't sure what was on sale actually... everything looked like regular price, but they had a big "sale" sign on the door.

This was incredibly useful, I'd like to thank you on behalf of all those interested in ps.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Due to abuse of my name by certain members of this forum I will no longer be posting insider sale tips until they are at least announced to the general public.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Due to abuse of my name by certain members of this forum I will no longer be posting insider sale tips until they are at least announced to the general public.

People are dropping your name to sales clerks, people are recognizing you on the street... SoCal, you've become an SF celebrity!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry, but tough titty. i would never have gotten the discounted vibrating butt plug if i hadn't name dropped.

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads