• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three-Name Entertainers who don't suck - name them

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Billie Jo Spears.

For some reason Nashville Songwriters think that longer song titles = better quality (The Smiths should have killed that practice but I digress). It's only natural that Nashville singers adopt hideously long names as well, and Billie Jo Spears was one of the Early Pioneers of the three-name craze. Too bad her songs weren't as good as her name. DQ

Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
character actors FTW (who probably had to use their middle names in getting their SAG card)!

James Earl Jones (O teh DEJA VU)
Eugene Robert Glaser (who names their son Eugene these days? DQ for geeky parents)
Philip Baker Hall (you watch a LOT of TV, don't you? Good choice BTW)
Lesley Anne Warren (you had to search for this one didn't you - DQ for obscurity)

Originally Posted by GoSurface
Err, Gian Lorenzo Bernini.

Space is at such a premium in Roma that they avoid blank spaces whereever possible. Thus I will go with the Italian spelling - Gianlorenzo Bernini. Two words. DQ

Protip: in Rome, he's just Bernini. One word, lilke Rafaello and Michaelangelo.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
You still haven't refuted my pick!
lol8[1].gif

Protip: Miley Cyrus is the next Britney Spears/Lindsay Lohan type celebrity.

R U 4 REALZ? Reading comprehenstion FTL.

Let's follow the chain:

Billy Ray Cyrus --> Line Dancing --> Kissing your sister.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tlmusic
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Johann Sebastian Bach

PLZ - back then everybody had third names. Even Bach's plumber used all three names. DQ

Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Funny, I only recall the surname from the movies. BLOFELD!
You sound as though there were an army of Blofelds running around in Thunderball. NOT

Originally Posted by countdemoney
Jan Michael Vincent - Airwolf, the Saint and Jim Morrison?

If you count pro athletes as entertainers:
World B. Free -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_B._Free

Does Sir Elton John Count?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Bonus: he's wearing one of matt's ties as a shirt.

TRIFECTA - LOL - THREE, count them, THREE RULES VIOLATED IN ONE POST.

JMV - sucks.
World B Free - "B" is a letter, son. Comes right after "A".
Sir Reginald Dwight - "SIR" does not count as a name.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
Billy Bob Thornton
Sean Patrick Flanery
Charles Nelson Reilly

BBT - Must watch Bad Santa again. COUNT IT!
SPF - acronym too associated with sunscreen - DQ
CNR - Camp Factor high, way too many daytime game shows. A sentimental favorite, but must DQ, or I'd have to let in Paul Lynde.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
He's better than Shaq.
smile.gif
Plus, he was in Airplane!, Game of Death, and Baseketball. Thats a little more than "nothing"

SHAQ in his prime would have owned KA-J, but Shaq's prime lasted only a few seasons. Over the long haul KA-J would break Shaq's ankles every night. I also give you his greatness in Airplane. "You try carrying Bill Walton on your ass 48 minutes a night"

Um, no. Star Wars is not the best thing ANYONE ever did. Except Mark Hamil. I can't think of anything else for him. Billy Dee Williams' career high-point came as the spokesperson for Colt 45 Malt Liquor. You are an ignorant ***** if you don't know this.

I prefer "cultured" to ignorant, ThankYouVeryMuch.

He's on TV? I watch him all the time as the fascist intelligence psychic Carl in Starship Troopers and as "NPH" in Harold and Kumar. Try watching a movie every once in a while.
smile.gif

**** don't tell me I got another one confused. I'll deal with your Stanton person shortly.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Harry Dean Stanton a one hit wonder?

Confused with Richard Dean Anderson from McGyver (And one of those Stargate tv spinoffs)? Seriously. I cannot get over this.

******* kids these days.

Ever hear of a movie called The Godfather II? Alien? Repo Man? Cool Hand Luke? Escape From New York? Red Dawn? Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me? Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas? The Green Mile? Blah blah blah blah blah.

Seriously man. If knowledge is power, you must have forgotten to pay your knowledge bill this month.

Oh yeah, I forgot that movie that Harry Dean Stanton starred in..it was....it was... it was.

It wasn't. Tell me where Harry Dean Stanton carried the show. He's like the Tarragon in a bearnaise sause. Good to have at hand, but people turn up for the meat on the plate. He adds flavor to the main show.

Godfather II - Starring Harry Dean Stanton

Supporting cast: Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, et al.

What-ev.

ANSWER ME!

You must explain your incomprehensible ignorance. In the age of the internet, with a search bar likely right up there ^ somewhere - IMDB.com at your disposal... are you just too lazy to know anything?

When you slap another man in the mouth, you better have a reason. And your hand better not taste like Bath and Body Works.

Today it tastes like John Varvatos cologne. Hope you like it cause you're getting a fresh one soon.

Thats right, you better hide. FOR SHAME!

Oh, I know your game. You'll lay low for a while. And then ease back into posting. Hoping that nobody will remember the day you confused one of the most underrated and unappreciated American character actors of the last 40 years with a damn Canadian mullet farm.

But I will never forget.

If Harry Dean Stanton were around to defend himself, he'd saw you a new asshole in the middle of your face with a chaingun for calling him McGyver. But he's not here. I am.

I got his back. You apologize to Mr. Stanton, you apologize to me, and you apologize to America.

Oh wait, I forgot. He did have a major character hit.:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
inlove.gif
and
worship.gif

and

thomas_pm2a.jpg

EPIC LOL, but you're not the first to clue me in on PMT's grateness.

Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Paul Thomas Anderson
Michael Clarke Duncan

I shouldn't have linked these posts together in my reply. PMT makes MCD look like Sir Lawrence Olivier. He's good but he ain't all that.

Paul Thomas Anderson...hmmmm. It's still early for him.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Maison Martin Margiela

(His clothes are entertaining)

WTF. YOU ARE PULLING MY LEG. I thought all canucks knew that MAISON is French for HOUSE.

Originally Posted by Ixelles
Edward Van Halen (depending on degree of sobriety)
John Henry Bonham
Jon Bon Jov - er, wait, no

Le Bete Noir was called John Henry Bonham on film during The Song Remains the Same. But that's the only popular reference (iirc) to his middle name. My Led Zep vinyl jackets all say John Bonham. And so does the Zep bio. So There.

Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Max von Sydow

Eddie and Max are talented, no doubt, HOWEVER Van and von are part of a surname. Alex Van Halen is Eddie's brother, but they do not share their middle name. DQ

Thought I'd better nip this in the bud before one of you geniuses mentions Casper Van Diem or Jean-Claude Van Damme (also two names)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
Florence Foster Jenkins
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eh, pitch, tone, and rhythm are so over-rated.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
EPIC LOL, but you're not the first to clue me in on PMT's grateness.

You're welcome.

Ok, here's one for a texan: Jimmie Dale Gilmore.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dead milkmen
Up on the hilltop where the vultures perch, That's where I'm gonna build my church, Ain't gonna be no priest, ain't gonna be no boss; Just Charles Nelson Riley nailed to a cross. I don't piss, I don't ****, I'm gettin' no relief, People shake there heads in disbelief. GO! Just me on a hilltop with 15 girls, In a Nelson Riley orgy that'll make your hair curl. I don't piss, I don't ****, I'm gettin' no relief, People shake there heads in disbelief. Yeah Charles Nelson Riley he's our man, He can't heal the sick with the touch of his hand, He can't walk on water, can't make wine flow; Just another greedy actor on the late late show! I don't piss, I don't ****, I'm gettin' no relief, People shake there heads in disbelief. GO! Just me on a hilltop with 15 girls, In a Nelson Riley orgy that'll make your hair curl. I don't piss, I don't ****, I'm gettin' no relief, People shake there heads in disbelief.
15487685_6f2de338af.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
You're welcome.

Ok, here's one for a texan: Jimmie Dale Gilmore.

Actually, Robert Earl Keen >> Jimmie Dale Gilmore.

Originally Posted by limping_decorum
tom waits
nick cave
john coltrane

I'm speechless. Just f'ing speechless at your savoire faire and ability to read thread titles.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Townes Van Zandt

Jon Bon Jovi (NOT!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads