• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three-Name Entertainers who don't suck - name them

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of them do suck, but as a Texan you can't argue with Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Mauby

Reaction score
Lou Diamond Phlips rocked in La Bamba...but died a slow career death after. As an 80s-movie fan, I couldn't not mention The Geek in 16 Candles, Anthony Michael Hall. The consensus seems to be that David Alan Grier sucks, but Keenan Ivory Wayans doesn't. Loved the first few seasons of Buffy, so Sarah Michelle Gellar gets a nod. I'm sure there are a ton more that I can't think of right now.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I can't believe I missed this one.

I spent a couple of weeks in Kansas City many years ago and while I loved the town, the local *****-tonk had a U-shaped dance floor (WTF). The other Texans and I just stared in horror as the locals flocked on to the dance floor as Achy Breaky Heart boomed over the loudspeakers.

It was at that point that we decided that people in Kansas City like line dancing and kissing their sisters.

You still haven't refuted my pick!
lol8[1].gif

Protip: Miley Cyrus is the next Britney Spears/Lindsay Lohan type celebrity.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, rules clarification:

Do initials and suffixes count?

Ex - Michael J. Fox or Sammy Davis Jr.

Other than that:

Tommy Lee Jones
Edward James Olmos
Harry Dean Stanton
John Lee Hooker
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Brett Easton Ellis
Tiffany Amber Theissen
Billy Dee Williams
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Billy Jean King
Robert Louis Stevenson
Helena Bonham Carter
Andrew Dice Clay (suckage varies according to taste)
Edgar Allen Poe

And who could forget perhaps the not-suckiest three name entertainer of all, Neil Patrick Harris?!?!?

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
character actors FTW (who probably had to use their middle names in getting their SAG card)!

James Earl Jones
Eugene Robert Glaser
Philip Baker Hall
Lesley Anne Warren

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jan Michael Vincent - Airwolf, the Saint and Jim Morrison?

If you count pro athletes as entertainers:
World B. Free -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_B._Free

Does Sir Elton John Count?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
Bonus: he's wearing one of matt's ties as a shirt.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Jennifer Jason Leigh is good.

And a four name hottie just because: Melissa Auf der Maur

Jennifer: feminine name
Jason: masculine name

Parents couldn't make up their mind whether she was a boy or a girl = disqualified.

Melissa Auf der Mar looks really hot...next to Courtney Love.

Originally Posted by TheIdler
Most of them do suck, but as a Texan you can't argue with Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I knew there was someone I was missing. Like forgetting the nose on my face.
worship.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
Lou Diamond Phlips rocked in La Bamba...but died a slow career death after. As an 80s-movie fan, I couldn't not mention The Geek in 16 Candles, Anthony Michael Hall. The consensus seems to be that David Alan Grier sucks, but Keenan Ivory Wayans doesn't. Loved the first few seasons of Buffy, so Sarah Michelle Gellar gets a nod. I'm sure there are a ton more that I can't think of right now.

Lou Diamond Phillips - didn't his wife leave him for Melissa Etheridge? Disqualified
Anthony Michael Hall. You must be joking.
Keenan Ivory Wayans - doesn't count - Ivory is a banned substance. He's not allowed to have that as a name so all future references must be to Keenan Wayans.
Sarah Michelle Gellar - disqualified: Scooby Doo 2. Fail.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Ok, rules clarification:

Do initials and suffixes count?

From here I will address your list on an individual basis:

Ex - Michael J. Fox or Sammy Davis Jr. No and No

Other than that:

Tommy Lee Jones - Good Call, solid actor (THE PARK IS MINE!)
Edward James Olmos - Looked WAY too geeky in Stand and Deliver. DQ
Harry Dean Stanton - One hit wonder (MacGyver). DQ
John Lee Hooker - Good Call
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - Hyphenates don't count. Besides - take away his height and touch and he's got nothing. DQ
Brett Easton Ellis - hack writer who relies on shock value to sell books (American Psycho) - DQ
Tiffany Amber Theissen - TOKYO - ARE YOU LICENSED TO PRACTICE IRONY IN THIS STATE, SON?
Billy Dee Williams - Lando Calrissian was the best thing he ever did, and Han Solo frozen in carbonite still made Lando look stiff - DQ
Andrew Lloyd Webber - YOU SIT THROUGH CATS AND TELL ME HE DOESN'T SUCK.
Billy Jean King - Carpet muncher (though Bobby Riggs was her *****) - DQ
Robert Louis Stevenson - *YAWN* I read his books when I can't sleep at night. - DQ
Helena Bonham Carter - Gloomy demeanor and too much eyeshadow does not indicate talent. DQ
Andrew Dice Clay (pure suckage) - No comment necessary. Once he cleaned up his act - DQ
Edgar Allen Poe - OKAY I GIVE YOU THAT ONE TOKYO SLIM.

And who could forget perhaps the not-suckiest three name entertainer of all, Neil Patrick Harris?!?!? - Maybe if I ever get to watching TV again I'll watch his show. He seems to have a following or something. Then again, so does Britney Spears.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Fixed it for ya. DIRTY is NOT a NAME. HOLLA.

SAME goes for AMAZING. Unless j offers to change my handle to The AMAZING Thomas.

I will support this bill.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Billy Bob Thornton
Sean Patrick Flanery
Charles Nelson Reilly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads