• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green @ Kurt Geiger now £99

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost could not stop myself - at £99.00 -£2.11 VAT adjustment!

But when I got to the payment screen I thought "How many times will you wear red suede brogues".

CHITON

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
I almost could not stop myself - at £99!

But when I got to the payment screen I thought "How many times will you wear red suede brogues".

smile.gif
+1

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Percy Trimmer

I have the 'red'. They're actually 'wine' which is in fact pretty close to an oxblood brown.

I'm so tempted at that price, but I'm not sure about the sizing. I'm a 11.5 F in Church's 102 Last, but an 11 F in Loake 026 last, and Barker's 29 Last. Any idea how these Edward Green's size up - particularly toe width?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are relatively generous in the toebox. And they have my size in Wine.
peepwall[1].gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
They are relatively generous in the toebox. And they have my size in Wine.
peepwall[1].gif

Thanks for that - now that I've ordered the wine can I give your name to my wife when she asks me why I just bought another pair of shoes?
cheers.gif

Percy Trimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I'm so tempted at that price, but I'm not sure about the sizing. I'm a 11.5 F in Church's 102 Last, but an 11 F in Loake 026 last, and Barker's 29 Last. Any idea how these Edward Green's size up - particularly toe width?

I am afraid I am not familiar with any of the lasts you mention. As Grimslade says they are certainly generous in the toe area. I got the EG@KGs in 9.5 (leather) and 10 (suede - thinking I would wear them with thicker socks). In the EG 888 last I need a 10.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Percy Trimmer

I have the 'red'. They're actually 'wine' which is in fact pretty close to an oxblood brown.

With the wine suede being close enough to brown, this put me over the edge. I bought a pair and will have them waiting for me at a friend's house when I head to London in a few weeks for more shoe deals with the weakened pound.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh for god's sake...I need a proxy...anyone? Anyone?

baldy[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads