• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Car Detailing

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Nick recommended me this: http://www.detailersparadise.com/Vie...20070405181128

He says the P21S is good stuff but I better be pretty excited to wax often.

I'll pick some up. It's been raining this week so there isn't much point doing it this week. I can't wait to have a garage and accessible power plugs.

Nick is a good guy but his detailing line is not very good for sealants. I have tested it extensively. I do like his car shampoo though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've only stuck to p21s (and 1z glanz) in the past so I can't really speak for anything else.

If you have a mild shampoo then the wax should last at least a month or so, but it's so easy I don't really mind (though I haven't done it in 2 years ha).

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I've only stuck to p21s (and 1z glanz) in the past so I can't really speak for anything else.

If you have a mild shampoo then the wax should last at least a month or so, but it's so easy I don't really mind (though I haven't done it in 2 years ha).

Jet, I would recommend a quality sealant like Zaino Z2 or Z5 to you. Once you have applied it it lasts around 6 months and when you wash your car in the interim, the Z8 spray sealant will bring the finish back to the just waxed look.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've never really had an interest in the synthetic polymer shine and lack of depth not to mention pia of application of zaino. My life is easy with p21s and the sealant/wax is just icing, prep is everything in achieving a flawless finish. I really dislike how jet black looks with zaino and I don't really believe it's capabilities extend past 2 or 3 months though it's much longer than carnauba.

There is nothing that tops clay, menzerna PO and PF polishes, and p21s in depth and clarity on black imho.

turboman808

Reaction score
I just ordered zaino products yesterday. See how it goes. I don't think the aplication is really that much of a pain. Just have to mix it is all.

I will have to see how I like the shine though. I may love it I may have it.

I also ordered griots 3 inch polisher with pads for doing metal and glass. My porsche has alot of bare metal and chrome and I need to clean it up.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I've never really had an interest in the synthetic polymer shine and lack of depth not to mention pia of application of zaino. My life is easy with p21s and the sealant/wax is just icing, prep is everything in achieving a flawless finish. I really dislike how jet black looks with zaino and I don't really believe it's capabilities extend past 2 or 3 months though it's much longer than carnauba.

There is nothing that tops clay, menzerna PO and PF polishes, and p21s in depth and clarity on black imho.

The older versions of sealants lacked depth and gloss but the new Zaino versions are as good as my high end Pinnacle and Zymol waxes.

The new Z5 Pro looks as good as my beloved Souveran and is much more durable. I can post some pics of a Porsche I did with Z5.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Zaino Z5 Pro:

wow5.jpg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I might add we have a local detailing club and we tested Zaino's durability - 6 months is no problem on a properly prepped surface. We did just Zaino Z-PC with a PC.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Zaino Z5 Pro:

wow5.jpg

I really didn't need to see that. I'll be looking at every chip on my car next time I go out.

Mblova

Reaction score
I've been using Zaino products on my car since i got it in 2005. Awesome products that do an excellant job. I lookin to try out SONUS soon.
Any thoughts on SONUS products?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
I've been using Zaino products on my car since i got it in 2005. Awesome products that do an excellant job. I lookin to try out SONUS soon.
Any thoughts on SONUS products?

I tested the entire SONUS line, nothing special imho. I have tested about 36 waxes and sealants including the spendy Zymol Estate Glazes and the two best are:

1. Carnauba - Pinnacle Souveran (P21S is really awesome on silver though, my second favorite, third is the Poorboys Nattys). A really good combo is Klasse AllInOne (vintage non-VOC formula preferred) plus either P21S or Souveran. The Klasse is a sealant of acrylic formula and adds durability.

2. Sealant - Zaino Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro. Best product line in the business in my experience.

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Would anyone be willing to link me affordably (less than $100, under $50 even better) to items I can use to assemble a barebones, basic detailing kit?

Try this: Not the best but a good start:

22pc Detailing Kit w/ MothersÂ
00ae.png
Products

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...01+4000000&eCat=BC|3960|62754|62756&N=4018440 4294911428&Mo=0&pos=1&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC24173-Cat62754&topnav=

You don't have to be a member to order.
This kit comes with a nice selection of Mother's products and misc. tools, towels, bucket, etc. Everything you need to get started. Give it a try!
smile.gif

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I tested the entire SONUS line, nothing special imho. I have tested about 36 waxes and sealants including the spendy Zymol Estate Glazes and the two best are:

1. Carnauba - Pinnacle Souveran (P21S is really awesome on silver though, my second favorite, third is the Poorboys Nattys). A really good combo is Klasse AllInOne (vintage non-VOC formula preferred) plus either P21S or Souveran. The Klasse is a sealant of acrylic formula and adds durability.

2. Sealant - Zaino Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro. Best product line in the business in my experience.

Do you use an orbital on your car when detailing it, or do you just work on it by hand?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads