• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Wearhouse Fitted Shirts: Anyone Own Them?

2sweet

Reaction score
OK, I just got a coupon in the mail for $25 off any purchase at the zimmer store.

To be honest, I have only purchased one dress shirt at the men's wearhouse. I was not impressed. After a couple of washes, it was in really bad shape. There was absolutely no way to iron it back into shape. It was just....destroyed. It got progressively worse looking after each wash, meaning it had all the integrity of a used napkin. I don't really get how you can mess up the construction of a basic cotton shirt like that. It should be able to endure more than a handful of washings.

Nonetheless, I see they now have fitted shirts. I could buy two total with their sale and coupon for $50 total, or $25 a piece. What the heck, I'm gonna ask anyway: anyone own their fitted shirts? How fitted are they and is the durability rock bottom as before, or is there any improvement at all on this front?

Gratitude for answers.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will never overcome the shame of having bought them, if you do.

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own one that I bought a while before I learned the little bit that I now know about clothes. I believe I've worn it exactly once. It's a half-size too large in my collar, and does not seem to be particularly fitted. It's probably somewhat less tentlike than their typical offerings, but their stuff seems to run girthy in general.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $50, you could also go to a thrift store and buy 35 Brooks Brothers slim-fit shirts.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
For $50, you could also go to a thrift store and buy 35 Brooks Brothers slim-fit shirts.

You shouldn't quote thrift prices; availability is too big of an issue for that.

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you could just get a tie or some pocket squares for your $25. I don't think I'd recommend their shirts.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll never like the way you look.

I guarantee it.

2sweet

Reaction score
Yeah, durability is the main problem. I'll return them in a day or two. I've been checking out the fitted shirts thread and there's some good recs there at the same price point.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but this fucktard sales associate in Men's Wearhouse told me that I couldn't try on shirts because if I did I would have to buy it. I left and never returned. I mean, come on!!!

82-Greg

Reaction score
I'll fess up and say I've bought some (before I found this forum).

The "custom measurements" are 1 each neck measurement and arm length measurement. They in no way qualify for what I would consider MTM. I haven't been back despite numerous coupons and special incentives.

2sweet

Reaction score
I returned them today. The sales person annoyed me immensely by saying that I should exchange the shirts rather than return them since "it would be easier for them." Stupid. Then they told me that I had a gift certificate. However, they said I may or may not use it in the future since it had to be signed by the manager who wasn't there. Great customer service.... Not!!!!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Irond Will
Honestly, you could just get a tie or some pocket squares for your $25. I don't think I'd recommend their shirts.

Yeah, their solid-colored pocket squares are a pretty good value if they're still $6.99, as they were when I bought some a few years ago. These are the only purchases I have ever made at a Men's Wearhouse, BTW. I know there are some here who despise solid-colored silken squares, but I am not among them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads